aberdeen-music

Spotify- free music

glennbuchan

I'm still very much using this. One thing that sucks about it is the lack of gapless playback, though. I know that's not a problem with most music but there's a couple of mix CDs I like which are ruined more by the gaps than the adverts.

Oh and there's apparently a way to stream it over network, using Shoutcast but I haven't figured it out yet...

I don't expect to see an iPhone app anytime soon, they've developed one for Android.

The thing I like best about Spotify is how easy sharing playlists is. You can make a playlist and send the link to your mate, get a link from a mate for one of their playlists or have a collaberative playlist that you can both add stuff to. All updates in real time too. Pretty cool for getting/giving good recommendations.

"We love it that everyone's talking about Spotify..." does get a little annoying, but it's totally worth it.

No luck, even the Premium membership isn't available here.

I'm sure absolutely no-one is interested, but these services tend not to even get off the ground here. Even iTunes isn't available here :(

It seems the wikipedia article on Spotify is incorrect. Their FAQ states availability in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France and Spain. So, I guess you'll have to use Compact Disc or reel to reel or whatever they use in Poland, unfortunately.

I'm also living overseas and can't get Spotify any more, although it says premium membership would permit "unlimited travel". It also won't let me change my location in the profile: the drop down list just has UK on it (although from the list above it wouldn't do me any good).

It seems the wikipedia article on Spotify is incorrect. Their FAQ states availability in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France and Spain. So, I guess you'll have to use Compact Disc or reel to reel or whatever they use in Poland, unfortunately.

Pah, you think we're using such modern technology? :p

I'm not surprised Poland has huge problems with piracy when most legal services aren't even available here :(

• 2 months later...

Spotify is getting understandably worst for adverts these days. However, if you are listening through external speakers, keep the volume up on your laptop and take the volume down on the speakers themselves, this way Spotify will still play the advert and you won't have to listen to it. That is one way round their crafty wee adverts will stop if the volume is too low policy.

My latest Spotify fascination is the second Ohbijou album 'Beacons'. Check it out.

I think the adverts will eventually become much more intrusive. They already seem a little more frequent than when I first signed up but their catalogue is getting to the point where I might consider getting a subscription, funds allowing.

Of course, the flaw with these subscription services is that they never have everything.