aberdeen-music

Spotify- free music

glennbuchan

While I still think it's pretty amazing, the adverts are beginning to bug me a little.

Oh, and that 'invite' thing is bullshit - you can sign up via this link https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started

Thanks for that, I just thought it was invite only since it says on the site:

"Spotify free is currently in an invitation-only beta, which means you need to have received an invitation token to access the service "

I'll edit the thread.

Every few songs there will be a 10 second audio clip of advertising before the next song.

It's like the radio with much fewer adverts.

There's also a few picture adverts occasionally.

Yeah, although they're a little less frequent than every few songs - two adverts per album at the most, really. The pictures correspond with the audio advert too, and only stay up for the duration of the audio.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i've been using this a ton recently... mainly listening to some great 80s power ballad rock and also the vessels and new dananana album. awesome.

i reckon the indie labels will get signed up soon (i.e. bsm etc.) then it will be a propah force to be reckoned with.

I think the day pass feature is espcially good if it was gonna be used to make playlists for houseparties etc. brilliant idea.

last fm seems to have everything, maybe I'm wrong.

I've only ever used lastfm very briefly, but I was under the impression that while most artists had most of their songs on there, you could only listen to a selected few for free and you had to pay a subscription fee for the others. Again I could be wrong though.

I'm really liking this. It has all kinds of music I like that I didn't expect to find. The browser is lovely, very clean cut and snappy. The adverts don't even seem to play if you're just browsing around and they are very unintrusive when you just let the music play. I've gotta wonder if they're gonna make enough money out of this though...

Just a pity it's firewalled at my work :swearing:

*Oooh, the artist info is dope too. I just found out Hexstatic are Coldcut!

• 1 month later...
Guest idol_wild

Is it still completely free to use?

I'm scared to even type the address into my browser bar because I have a horrible feeling I'll never leave the site.