aberdeen-music

'BEST OF THE REST' POLL 2009 - Fudge Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards 2009 will be held at The Lemon Tree on Friday 13th February.

As you've surely gathered by now?

It's our ninth annual awards shindig, featuring live music from The Lorelei, Edinburgh's Tyrant Lizard Kings, and a third band.

There'll also be an awards ceremony (it's very tounge-in-cheek, don't worry) where we celebrate the best bands in Aberdeen. Like a crap Kerrang! Awards with no budget or something.

Please note: we encourage you to wear suits, tux's, kilts, ballgowns and the like.

It's an awards ceremony, yeah? Think glamour! Glitter! Sequins! Top hats and tails!

We'll be picking our King and Queen of Fudge from the best dressed punters. I bet you can hardly wait.

Anyway, we're posting a series of polls online where you can vote for your favourites. There will also be voting slips available at Fudge gigs and clubnights (starting with the Black Tooth Rock Lounge at Snafu this Monday night).

We'll total all these votes up and announce the winners from the Lemon Tree stage.

In this thread, we pose the tricky question:

'BEST OF THE REST' 2009?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PREVIOUS 'BEST OF THE REST' WINNERS:

2003 - Masamune

2004 - Staccato Set

2005 - Staccato Set

2006 - Geneveive

2007 - Hookers Green No.1

2008 - The Kitchen Cynics

2009 - ???

Guest idol_wild
Judging by my 2 Moorings sets I should not only be last by a mile, but dumped just outside the city limits in a locked trunk.

However the last few Snafu ones went reasonably well......dunno why exactly.

Alan, I've seen you in the region of, oooh, 7 or 8 times and you've played impeccably every time. Act like the genius superstar that you are and accept the fact you're gonna win this award.

I want an arrogant, cocksure speech when you collect your trophy, otherwise I am boo-ing you! :)

ONLINE POLL NOW CLOSED. woop woop.

You can vote once last time at the Moorings Bar on Saturday night, and then that's it. We'll total the online and offline votes, and arrive at our winner - who'll be presented with their glittering awards gong on Friday night (13th Feb) at the Lemon Tree.

Good luck, gladiators of music.

You missed my Moorings ones though! One of these days I'll get it right.

I think it'll be Son Henry this year.....but I'll practice the arrogance just in case.

Aw, man, you're way too modest! Better start working on that attitude, and I'm going to track down who this band 'yawn' is, are they a vapors cover band?