aberdeen-music

This Town Needs Guns + Kartta, Sat 14th Feb Moshulu

Guest idol_wild

I guess alot of people want to hear dry unpanned drums, a flat kick drum matched by an equally unarousing bass and generally a boring no-thrills budget mix..........? sorry i forget everyone's a pro audio engineer on here, either that or you sit in studios allday

The sound engineer was me. This is my number if you'd actually like to discuss my mixing, rather than bitch about it on a internet forum.

Aye, you seem like just the type of guy who would react well to someone coming up to you/phoning you up with some constructive criticism.

You can hide behind the "I'm a professional, what the fuck do you cunts know?" thing if you like, but as Captain America (hiding behind an internet moniker...coward!) said, not everyone has the technical knowledge but we can hear whether or not we like what we hear.

Haha. That's pretty much the ultimate way to answer these posts.

Nice one :up:

Nah, it's really nae.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Aye, you seem like just the type of guy who would react well to someone coming up to you/phoning you up with some constructive criticism.

You can hide behind the "I'm a professional, what the fuck do you cunts know?" thing if you like, but as Captain America (hiding behind an internet moniker...coward!) said, not everyone has the technical knowledge but we can hear whether or not we like what we hear.

Nah, it's really nae.

Well - I happen to know Aaron and he's a good sound engineer, and a nice young chap.

He's came on here and said "phone me and we'll discuss it" rather than people bitching about his sound on an internet forum.

I reckon that's an upfront and honest way to deal with it.

Well - I happen to know Aaron and he's a good sound engineer, and a nice young chap.

He's came on here and said "phone me and we'll discuss it" rather than people bitching about his sound on an internet forum.

It's not bitching you plank.

We just stated our opinion on a medium for discussing all things about music. How dare we?

We just stated our opinion on a medium for discussing all things about music. How dare we?

Yes.

No.

Maybe that's how he meant to come across, but as it happens, the defensiveness of his post meant it just came off as a bit of a "say it ti ma face! X(" internet hardman act.

But I don't know the guy; I'm sure he's nae like that at all. Maybe I should phone him to find out, but let's face it, I don't have the balls*.

*time or inclination

Look - I didn't say you were bitching, I was paraphrasing what he said. People criticised his work, and he didn't like it, so he's offering folk to speak to him about it.

Folk need to calm the fuck down on this forum.

Yes.

No.

Maybe that's how he meant to come across, but as it happens, the defensiveness of his post meant it just came off as a bit of a "say it ti ma face! X(" internet hardman act.

But I don't know the guy; I'm sure he's nae like that at all. Maybe I should phone him to find out, but let's face it, I don't have the balls*.

*time or inclination

Like I said above, I know Aaron and he's a pleasant young man - he almost definitely wasn't acting the internet hardman.

People who come on here behind names and act hard slating people etc are the ones acting like internet hardmen. He's posted his mobile phone number so you can speak to him, okay - it will still be at the end of a phone and he could call you a cunt or whatever, but the fact that he's openly saying "I am the sound guy at Moshulu" means it will be quite easy to seek him out.

• 3 months later...
Guest idol_wild

I know this seems like it was in the distant past, but I just found a review of the gig here: God Is In The TV | This Town Needs Guns Kartta Aberdeen Moshulu, 14th February 2009

Also, expect to see This Town Needs Guns in a more suitable environment later in the year. They've expressed quite a bit of interest to play a Slanted & Enchanted night.

For anyone interested in Kartta, there will be an EP (no, really!) out towards the end of the summer. It will be very limited because we can't afford to make many. As of September, it is very likely the band will no longer exist and there may be an EP launch/final gig in July/August time.

I know this seems like it was in the distant past, but I just found a review of the gig here: God Is In The TV | This Town Needs Guns Kartta Aberdeen Moshulu, 14th February 2009

Also, expect to see This Town Needs Guns in a more suitable environment later in the year. They've expressed quite a bit of interest to play a Slanted & Enchanted night.

For anyone interested in Kartta, there will be an EP (no, really!) out towards the end of the summer. It will be very limited because we can't afford to make many. As of September, it is very likely the band will no longer exist and there may be an EP launch/final gig in July/August time.

hells yeah to this town needs guns playing slanted and enchanted.

hells no to kartta splitting but hells yes a to a big fuck off gig.