aberdeen-music

This Town Needs Guns + Kartta, Sat 14th Feb Moshulu

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

THIS TOWN NEEDS GUNS

THIS TOWN NEEDS GUNS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Hailing from Oxford, This Town Needs Guns deal in their own brand of slick and stylish math-pop. Intricate, twiddly and melodic guitars with understated yet soaring cerebral choruses. For fans of anything Kinsella-related, Maps and Atlases, Foals and Minus the Bear.

Full length album Animals out on Big Scary Monsters now!

"Opening Song Chinchilla is an intricate Foals-gone-emo sigh of a rocker. Baboon brings the math-rock virtuoso further to the fore, pushing it and Badger atmospherically in the realm of Mogwai or Dirty Projectors. Showing they can do nice choruses when they want is Lemur, which is like a brainy Snow Patrol." NME

KARTTA

Kartta on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Aberdeen-based triumphant space-pop five-piece. Sing it loud and sing it proud, brother! For fans of Broken Social Scene, The Appleseed Cast, Dinosaur Jr and Built to Spill.

"Shimmering, arty, delicate and fragile while still having rapier strength" - live review from McHugh's Bar, Belfast by the BBC website.

PLUS SUPPORT

PLUS GUEST DJs spinning the best of pop/indie/good dance!

MOSHULU, ABERDEEN

SATURDAY 14th FEBRUARY

Doors open at 19:30 and the party lasts until 03:00.

5 (stbf)

Login | Facebook

TTNGcopy.jpg

Guest idol_wild
Sweet, good job Phillip.

It's a Barfly gig, but I am helping out with the promotional side of things...

I tried, with others, to book TTNG last September but it never worked out, so I am glad Aberdeen is getting the opportunity to host them. :up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Hmmmm, I wonder how the missus would take it if I took her to Moshulu on Valentine's night...?

I managed to go to the Bayern Munich match last year on Valentine's night, not sure if a gig at Moshulu will cut the mustard though... :up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
this thread just reminded me that i said ttng could stay at mine, despite the fact that i'll now be in hitchin (of all places) on the 14th. Whoops.

PARTY at RF Scott's!!!!!

I've gotten to like some of this record. If you ignore all the pap, there is some great tunes.

The fact they gave them SHITE names didn't help me in being able to distinguish one track from another. That's probably shite too though...

I am WELL looking forward to the day you have 100% positive things to say about a band/ record. ;)

Not that you're wrong with any of the above, like.

Guest idol_wild
any word on the supports? quite interested who else will get on the bill.

I thought, because they're both on BSM now Copy Haho would be playing.

We may get information otherwise, but Haho said no to the gig as far as I am aware :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
This thread just reminded me that I said TTNG could stay at mine, despite the fact that I'll now be in Hitchin (of all places) on the 14th. WHOOPS.

It's all cool man, I've offered up some space in my flat for them to kip! :up:

I'm still unsure who the other support is.

Managed to sort anything, Mr Milne?