aberdeen-music

Patrick McGoohan dead.

pogofish

Shame - great character actor.

Bizarrely enough, I went for a lunchtime walk with one of my colleagues yesterday and for some reason the conversation turned to Rob Roy (Liam Neeson version) and then Braveheart.

We both agreed that McGoohan's turn as Edward Longshanks in the latter was the highlight of the movie.

Fave bit : when he throws his gay son's lover out of the window. the build up to is just sublime.

I only discovered The Prisoner a couple of years ago but I still got back to it constantly. It is without doubt one of the greatest visual pieces to have ever been broadcast.

I didn't realise until yesterday that he was in Braveheart. That was another awesome role for him.

This is a sad way to start the day.

What is Danger Man like?

What is Danger Man like?

Well worth seeking out.

Been a very long time since I last saw any of it (C4, 90s?) but it was a pacy, stylish (but less stylised) spy drama, that sometimes also-ran with the early Bond movies. By the latter series, McGoohan was directing episodes as well & they used Portmerion as a location for a good number of episodes.

You can begin to see some things falling into place for The Prisoner IMO.