aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Season 4 (I think) of It's Always Sunny... was anomolously rubbish. Great show though. I too watched the first couple of seasons on a single Saturday.

You think so? I like it alot. The one where they try to get a Junkyard Dog, but end up with a Junkyard Cat and a scrapped Police Car is awesome. And the one where Charlie and Dee start thinking they are cannibals. So good.

You think so? I like it alot. The one where they try to get a Junkyard Dog, but end up with a Junkyard Cat and a scrapped Police Car is awesome. And the one where Charlie and Dee start thinking they are cannibals. So good.

I dunno... I'm not sure if it was even season 4. I've watched them all on Netflix and not really paid attention to what series it is, but there was certainly a lull of a fair few episodes around then. In hindsight, it's maybe because I watched the first 5 seasons in about 2 weeks...

Did anyone watch Vic & Bob's Lucky Sexy Winners on Channel 4 on Thursday? I thought it was brilliant. It was pretty much like Shooting Stars, but much sillier, and not really much emphasis on the quiz side of things. The questions were usually loosely based on Vic & Bob showing a clip of a TV show, which they reenacted, obviously. The guy who plays Angelos is on there too, playing a different character, who is also great. I don't know if it will actually get a full series, as I believe that was just a pilot. Hopefully there'll be a few more anyway.

• Upvote 1

What is Breaking Bad? I've heard some good things and looking for something else to get on to watching but have no idea what it's actually about. I have Game of Thrones sitting waiting to be started up, too. Hope it isn't pish.

I've actually just watched season 9 of 2.5men (the first one with Kelso in it) and absolutely loved it. Always been a fan of 2.5 men, despite it being utterly awful (and the fact that it's well past the point where they could have changed the name to 3 men. IMHO they should have ran it into a prequel to 3 men and a baby, but I love terrible ideas..). Jake is amazing in this series (as he is in most) and the relationship between Waldon (Ashton's character's name is fucking WALDON?!) and Alan is really fun to watch. Also eagerly awaiting new seasons of The Office, Walking Dead and RED FUCKING DWARF!

xx

Breaking Bad is an American television drama series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. Set and produced in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with a former student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), with the aim of securing his family's financial future before he dies.[1]

• Upvote 1

What is Breaking Bad? I've heard some good things and looking for something else to get on to watching but have no idea what it's actually about. I have Game of Thrones sitting waiting to be started up, too. Hope it isn't pish.

I've actually just watched season 9 of 2.5men (the first one with Kelso in it) and absolutely loved it. Always been a fan of 2.5 men, despite it being utterly awful (and the fact that it's well past the point where they could have changed the name to 3 men. IMHO they should have ran it into a prequel to 3 men and a baby, but I love terrible ideas..). Jake is amazing in this series (as he is in most) and the relationship between Waldon (Ashton's character's name is fucking WALDON?!) and Alan is really fun to watch. Also eagerly awaiting new seasons of The Office, Walking Dead and RED FUCKING DWARF!

xx

xx

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Breaking+Bad+Summary+no+spoliers

Seriously, just watch it. It's incredible TV, ask Slutbags. Infact I think she posted on the subject in this thread about watching it for the first time.

Walt is right - Breaking Bad is utterly compelling and just when you think you know what's going to unfold, they throw you a curve ball. The cast and acting is superb. It's a must see.

• Upvote 1

Guest davetherave

New comedy series on Sky Atlantic called Hunderby, great piss take of old costume dramas, like a cross between Emily Bronte and League of gentlemen! Example quote from the first episode ...

"You are much darker down there than perhaps I'd imagined," says Edmund the vicar, staring at his new bride who's naked in the bath.

"Do I not please you, sir?" asks poor Helene.

"Nay, nay, 'tis just that Arabelle was smooth as ham, nature did not busy her broken mound with such a black and forceful brush."

:)

• Upvote 1

Guest davetherave
I thought it was pretty terrible. Worst Brooker has come out with.

The humour and one liners were pretty cheesy/corny, I'm sure I'd heard a few of them in stuff like Airplane and similar movies, but unlike meself, that stuff never gets old :)

The humour and one liners were pretty cheesy/corny, I'm sure I'd heard a few of them in stuff like Airplane and similar movies, but unlike meself, that stuff never gets old :)

I just think they tried to fit too many jokes in. I expect better from Brooker. Wasn't the worst thing I have seen on TV but I am not watching the second part.