aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

The Real Football Factories, with Danny Dyer.

Put it on for a laugh. Ended up watching the whole season in one sitting. Dyer is excellent in it.

"Na then. We're off into this boozer 'ere to talk to some pwopa naughty geezers. 'Ave it"

Lots of cut scenes of him wearing his big parka, doing a cockney walk through run down housing estates. He uses the word "tear up" at least 10 times per episode. 

Pwopa naughty telly.

On 16/02/2018 at 8:30 PM, Soda Jerk said:

The Real Football Factories, with Danny Dyer.

Put it on for a laugh. Ended up watching the whole season in one sitting. Dyer is excellent in it.

"Na then. We're off into this boozer 'ere to talk to some pwopa naughty geezers. 'Ave it"

Lots of cut scenes of him wearing his big parka, doing a cockney walk through run down housing estates. He uses the word "tear up" at least 10 times per episode. 

Pwopa naughty telly.

Watched this too. Well, the first episode, and the scotland one. Was actually pretty good. I was a lot more interested in the Fashion, and hearing from folk who have "retired". The people who are 50+ and still like "i'll still fight for no reason after a football game cuz i'm a hard man" made me cringe. More than Dyer did. And he's NAUGHTY.

Dyer is pretty good in it, aside from some genuine LOL lines. But you're right, the guys in it are often a bit embarrassing. I liked hearing from the guys who have genuine remorse for what they did, but the older guys who still do it seem a bit unhinged.

I'd recommend the North West episode. It focuses on Manchester and Liverpool as you'd expect, but the bit where he goes up to Burnley is very good. A really grim area, and he goes in to a pub filled with their firm, one of which is an older hooligan still on the go. Total piece of shit. 

It also goes in to the origins of the fashion too more than any other episode. 

• 5 months later...

Sacred Games on Netflix - it's ace. Totally not what you'd expect from an Indian TV show. 

Succession - Brain Cox is so good in this as an utter bastard you almost can't watch it coz you want to punch him in the mouth. Good Aaron Sorkin meets Wolf of Wall St type show. It seems like it'll have some legs too - in that there's no storyline that can't be easily taken up in the second season and expanded.

10 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Succession - Brain Cox is so good in this as an utter bastard you almost can't watch it coz you want to punch him in the mouth. Good Aaron Sorkin meets Wolf of Wall St type show. It seems like it'll have some legs too - in that there's no storyline that can't be easily taken up in the second season and expanded.

Plus, THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER right? Right?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive watched a few episodes of Dark Tourist on netflix, its not great, but ts good enough to keep watching 

The Host is a shit Kiwi version of Louis Theroux whos end of episode summaries are always really shite/obvious - 'My Illegal detour over the fence into the radioactive wasteland was more stressful than i thought' ...no shit

He is really good at taking the piss out of people in a way that they don't realise there piss is being taken.. its entertaining

'

37 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

Aye it’s pretty good. The Turkmenistan one is interesting - place is mental.

yeah, watched that one last night. What a place

favourite episode so far was the JFK one, that chauffeur sure loves to talk eh haha 

Just blitzed through Better Call Saul. I watched the first 3 or 4 when it first came to Netflix and it didn't grab me. Saw a trailer for the new season, and it made me go back. Man, Netflix know how to put together trailers. Trailers for Jessica Jones and Orange is the New Black also had the same effect despite them not interesting me initially.

Better Call Saul is good, but I find myself just wanting to watch the Mike and the Salamanca/Cartel storylines. The stuff involving Jimmy and his brother was a bit of a drag at times. I loved Saul in Breaking Bad, but I wish it was Mike who got the spinoff prequel.

I find Better Call Saul very similar to Breaking Bad. 40 minutes of ramping up, with one scene of a "clever bit" or a "funny twist" then the last 10 minutes are quite cliffhangy so you immediately want to watch the next one then there's another half hour of whispered conversation in a dark room.