aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

• 3 weeks later...

It's Always Sunny is always on rotation in my house. From beginning to end, when there's nothing on the telly, It's Always Sunny is on. Never gets old.

The High School Reunion episodes are a firm favourite, and The Gang Misses The Boat. Dennis is the best at meltdowns.

Edited by Soda van Jerk
  • Upvote 1

If you're using US Netflix, then Traffic Light is a decent watch. It got canned after one season, so there's not much of it. It has little re-watch value, but it's good to blast through on a Sunday afternoon.

It's got Nick the IT Guy and Roy from The Office, and that bellend from the old BT Adverts and My Family, but he's quite good in it.

I don't know if it's on Netflix, but Workaholics is great too.

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching Friday Night Lights.

It's weird. I don't get it. I thought it was going to be like a wimpier Varsity Blues, with the OTT soppy teen drama and a sport that I'm not all that interested in. I read a link on something like "Christianity Today" claiming it was the best show on TV for it's fixation on religion and whatnot; all reasons for me to not want to give it the time of day.

But I did anyway, and it's great.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Anyone been watching Catastrophe? I really like it. Howling with laughter at times. It's a little bit guilty of using shock crudeness in the place of humour on occasion but it gets away with it. 

Yes, my wife and I love it, I think there's bits of us in the characters and thats what makes it hilarious for us.

• Upvote 1

I watched the first episode and although it was quite intriguing, it didn't grip me in a way I hoped it would. Like you say - such a great idea, but a ropey storyline, saved by some relatively good acting IMO.

Not going to be rushing to watch the rest of the series but may pick it up in the next lull of THINGS TO WATCH.

I'm reading the book just now. Looking forward to watching the show after. High-concept real-world shit like that is my shit.

Catastrophe is great. Rob Delaney is a terrible stand up but he's really good in this. Maybe he's found his niche as a single camera sitcom schlub. Second season isn't out in Poland yet :(

fargo is pretty great. Ploughing our way through the first season just now. 

The likeness to the film I still don't fully understand - it'd be a fantastic show in its own right so why not just make a unique show? Then again, the fargo-ness is what makes it good maybe? The accents, snow, etc

BBT is flawless in it. If he doesn't win some awards I'd be surprised. I think Martin freeman is excellent too.

Fargo season 1 and 2 are both excellent. I think I might prefer the second one too. I can't wait for the finale.

I think the references to the film (and many other Coen Bros films) are far too strong for it ever to work or get away with being something wholly separate. I think the way in which it's been done is brilliant and I wonder if it might inspire some other movie inspired shows.

Does anyone watch The Leftovers? I got through the two seasons quite quickly in the last couple of weeks. I'd only rate it as decent, worth a watch but it seems like there are many people (online at least) who think the second season has turned it into the best show on tv.

3 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Does anyone watch The Leftovers? I got through the two seasons quite quickly in the last couple of weeks. I'd only rate it as decent, worth a watch but it seems like there are many people (online at least) who think the second season has turned it into the best show on tv.

Yes, I thought Season 1 was ok, didn't see it getting a second series but when it did I thought I'd keep watching. 2nd series is leagues ahead of the 1st, it seems to have grown considerably into its story. Fingers crossed it carries on like it is, not even sure if the 3rd series has been greenlit?