aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

It's still really good, it's just starting to get a little bit out there in terms of what the inmates are getting away with and what the guards are letting happen. Like I know it's a minimum security prison but they're basically running the place themselves with no supervision, and the guards are just like whatevs. Crazy Eyes has gone too far towards crazy as well. There's nothing but crazy with her now, she's totally disconnected from reality. Kind of ruined the character.

I think that

Vee's death at the end of Season 2

and Suzanne's inability to deal with it (given that she has the mental age of a 6 year old) probably goes a long way to explaining her behaviour this season.

As to the guards and what the prisoners are getting away with, I think, again, that Caputo trying to be the 'good guy Warden' goes some way to explaining that. Then you've got the place 

being bought by a corporation that doesn't care about the inmates, but is essentially turning it into a money-making venture, hiring poorly trained part-time guards and overcrowding the prison

which I think again is why the prisoners get away with more. The guard aren't trained to handle them, and the ones that are seem more concerned with their livelihoods being destroyed by the corporate takeover.

My own opinion is that it's still good, but nowhere NEAR as good as the second season was. Also fuck Piper. Seriously. She's the new Larry.

Edited by KarmaTsunami
  • Upvote 1

I'm still sceptical about True Detective, what with that professional arsehole Vine Vaughn looming over it like some sort of mediocre turd trying to sieve itself through the shadow mask of your TV - if you still have a CRT- ultimately ruining your evening.

He's playing a "bad guy" so it'll probably be ok to dislike him in it anway.

He's playing a "bad guy" so it'll probably be ok to dislike him in it anway.

I just think he saps credibility like a big shitty sponge, regardless of what role he's assuming. If it wasn't for In Bruges, I'd also think Colin Farrell one of the most decroded piece of crap actors known to man.

I'm going to give season two a miss.

Finished OITNB S3. See what Lemonade meant about it being a bit more over the top and a bit less real, but holy fuck what an amazing season. They did an amazing job of developing background characters and not just focusing on Piper's world. Awesome sauce.

Xx

I'm halfway through and really enjoying it, I don't know why everyone is hating on it and I love the background scenes for the characters.

Ruby Rose did come out of nowhere though, and they're acting as if she has always been there.  I think I'd have preferred it if she was new, it's not the biggest prison and they use the same bathroom... why has Piper never seen the quine before?

I'm halfway through and really enjoying it, I don't know why everyone is hating on it and I love the background scenes for the characters.

Ruby Rose did come out of nowhere though, and they're acting as if she has always been there.  I think I'd have preferred it if she was new, it's not the biggest prison and they use the same bathroom... why has Piper never seen the quine before?

Yeah - they did describe something similar with the other girl Alex sees and is convinced she must be new, but Piper explains how she's always been there and it's totally feasible that she's just never been noticed before... Clumsy, but forgivable.

xx

I'm enjoying it more now I'm further into the series. I enjoyed the Chang and Norma episodes.

I'm also four episodes in to series 3 of The Sopranos. After a slow start to the series last night's episode was back to edge of the seat nail-biting stuff. Terrific.

Season 3 has some brilliant stuff in it.  Some real standout episodes and a lot of groundwork gets laid for later seasons.

True Detective will nicely fill the Monday void left by Mad Men and GoT finishing.

I'm still sceptical about True Detective, what with that professional arsehole Vine Vaughn looming over it like some sort of mediocre turd trying to sieve itself through the shadow mask of your TV - if you still have a CRT- ultimately ruining your evening.

Imagine getting that riled up by Vince Vaughn of all people. Did he kill your dog?

He kills my eyes and ears every time I see him on screen.

I have mixed feelings about the cast, but I'm going to give season 2 a go. I've read snippets online, and it is getting mixed reviews. Has anyone seen any of it yet?

I'm enjoying it more now I'm further into the series. I enjoyed the Chang and Norma episodes.

I'm also four episodes in to series 3 of The Sopranos. After a slow start to the series last night's episode was back to edge of the seat nail-biting stuff. Terrific.

I fucking loved the Norma episode. 

Related but not related - http://www.vogue.com/13275586/norma-orange-is-the-new-black-punk-singer/

• Upvote 2

Been rewatching Prison Break with the GF who's never seen it. I remember I gave up half way into the 3rd season because it was just too ridiculous, but i'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would second time around. Maybe i'm more prepared for the never-ending nail-biter nature of the entire show this time. Great show, in that trashy time-filler type of way. It's like a mars bar and a tin of irn bru to the Sopranos' filet mignon and chianti

I'm enjoying the Sopranos so much. I stayed up until 3am watching it last night and I've been fucked at work all day, but I'm doing it again tonight. 

When I did that on my 1st or 2nd run through I ended up having paranoid dreams of the FBI chasing me...