aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

• 3 weeks later...

The Newsroom season 3 - A bit preachy, but Sorkin's fucking smart at dialogue.

Also, everyone from every TV show ever is in it.

I heard bad things about this when it started so didn't bother watching it, though I loved other things Sorkin has done.  Is it worth getting into then?

I heard bad things about this when it started so didn't bother watching it, though I loved other things Sorkin has done.  Is it worth getting into then?

I like it - it's harder hitting than Sports Night or Studio 60. The first season was a bit patchy but it hits its stride after a few episodes and it's been great since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched the first two episodes and they were alright! I guess it's hard to be hilarious when you've to give a back story to what the hell has been going on the last few years.

The Werner Herzog cameo was wonderful. Hope they did manage to get Bill Murray as the mayor at some point.

-edit- Dammit, new page. This is about Parks and Rec.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 1

I watched the first season of Mad Men about six months ago and just haven't been arsed to start the second yet. Do the characters get any more endearing as the show progresses? Don has a lot of charm, but the rest are completely obnoxious arseholes with no real redeeming features. I don't have any real desire to watch them any more.

Just finished the last Sopranos episode...

What did you think?

Mad Men took a while for me to get excited about too. I enjoyed it from the start, but but never got to the stage where I felt I desperately needed to see the next episode until maybe the third series or so. The fourth and fifth were incredible, though. Persevere. The characters are slightly less horrible as it goes on, but they become easier to like despite their massive flaws.

• 3 weeks later...

Some TV i've been watching recently:

The Fall -  Gripping and at times uncomfortable viewing. Gillian Anderson is great in it, as is the male lead whose name I forget. I like how it's a serial murderer drama where you know whodunnit from the beginning and it's all about the chase to get him. It veers into stretching the imagination a little bit far at times but never too much.

The Killing - Took about 6 episodes to really get into this one but i'm glad I stuck with it. It's one murder case throughout (well, i'm at the end of season 2 so dunno about the rest) which you would think would be slow but it's got so many twists and turns. Totally ridiculous of course but it's a lot of fun and pretty well acted. I absolutely love how they didn't sexualize the lead character and made her this bad ass cop who just happens to be a woman. They could have totally taken her character down another direction and cheapen the whole thing. I didn't see the original Danish version but i'll definitely check it out.

Nearing the end of season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, it just seems to have blown up and become violence for the sake of it. I gave in and IMDB'ed the remaining, really not liking where it's heading so that's me done with it.

Really looking forward to more Blacklist.

We've started Stargate Atlantis - it's iffy in parts.

Nearing the end of season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, it just seems to have blown up and become violence for the sake of it. I gave in and IMDB'ed the remaining, really not liking where it's heading so that's me done with it.

Really looking forward to more Blacklist.

We've started Stargate Atlantis - it's iffy in parts.

Have you watched stargate universe? It's much more character driven than the other Stargates. Pretty good!