aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

This is the time of year when almost all decent American TV grinds to a halt, everything comes back in September because that's how it works for some reason. Use the summer months to catch up on things from days gone by.

After finishing my second play through of Fringe last month (which y'all should watch because DAMN IT'S GOOD) I've started on Dexter. I'd seen the first couple of seasons back when it was new and exciting so started up with season 4. Now midway through the 5th and it's getting more ridiculous (the bad kind), I don't know if I've got the staying power to get through another couple if it doesn't sort itself out.

Edited by Woodsinho
  • Upvote 1

Game of Thrones

Robb was probably my favourite character, I'm gutted that he's gone. And Arya was about to reunite with her mum and brother :(

I'm guessing Bolton is going to get Winterfell in whatever deal he's made with the Lannisters. What a cunt. 

On the upside at least Bran is finally interesting and I didn't expect John Snow to turn on the wildlings this soon. 

This episode actually was really amazing and action packed even without the final part. Best of the whole season I'd say.

I don't like the guy who wants to pump dany though.

Edited by Paranoid Android

I watched the first episode of Arrested Development season 4. I laughed a few times and it's obviously streaks ahead of most comedy series' but I couldn't help feeling it was all a little forced and discombobulating. I felt like there was some multi-layered joke going on in every piece of dialogue that I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to a) get or b) think I would understand it later on.

I'll thrash through it and make up my mind later of course but that was my first impression. Kirsten Wig as a younger Lucille is inspired casting. She's so great.

Dan Harmon has said he wants to have a recording of him finally watching the fourth series of Community on the DVD as a commentary. http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-harmon-may-record-his-reaction-to-communitys-f,98529/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

I really really really want this to happen.

For the sake of comparison:

Cranston is better. Remarkable for someone who is self-taught.

This is a (long, but) good watch - Bryan Cranston, Kelsey Grammar, Kiefer Sutherland, Damian Lewis, John Hamm and Peter Krause discuss being actors 'n' shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vVEparrBK8A

• Upvote 2

If I hadn't already known it, I would never have guessed Samuel L Jackson is a professional actor after seeing that. That was quite bad.

I wouldn't say that. I just think it was very Sam L Jacksony. So different from Walt White. So it looks bad because we've seen how it SHOULD be done. But I wouldn't call it bad, I'd just call it Sam L Jacksony. Like I did. Right up there. Look.

For the sake of comparison:

Cranston is better. Remarkable for someone who is self-taught.

This is a (long, but) good watch - Bryan Cranston, Kelsey Grammar, Kiefer Sutherland, Damian Lewis, John Hamm and Peter Krause discuss being actors 'n' shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vVEparrBK8A

I remember seeing that round table thing before, I think someone posted it here before.  It was great.

House of Cards is kicking off - Only 5 episodes in but really enjoying it. Totally morally corrupt on all counts and it's hard to really like any of the characters which is quite a difficult thing to get right. Breaking Bad does it well - perhaps Jessie is as 'pure' a character there is on that show but in House of Cards literally everyone is a cunt. Great show.

Veep

Bought this yesterday and watched it all last night. Julia Louis Dreyfus is the Vice President of the USA dealing with various mishaps while trying to regain/maintain popularity . Its by Armando Ianucci and is in a similar vein to 'The Thick of It' but obviously not as ace because Malcolm Tucker isn't in it but its still pretty funny.

9/10

Entourage Season 8

The last season and similar to the previous 2 or 3 in that it is still watchable but not really essential viewing. Even Ari doesn't have that much great dialogue anymore. Probably best left finished despite slightly unsatisfactory ending.

7/10

I started rewatching Community from the first season to watch with my mrs. She fell asleep and I continued watching without her. On Season 2 within a couple of days. So good. The one where they get pizza, and Pierce trying to eat the pizza cracked me up.

Also, I can't be bothered finding the thread for it, but I was talking about the simpsons the other day and this came up:

"Ah, I see you've played knifey spoony before mate!"

I couldn't breathe, tears of laughter.