aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch Newsroom? I like it despite it getting bad reviews.

Also, after watching loads of Louis C.K. I acquired the first season of Louie. On episode 5. Really enjoying it. The bits that aren't stand up are basically just sitcom versions of stand up. There's a few jokes in it I recognise from his stand up actually. Really great stuff.

Big Train

Been meaning to check this out for a fair while, never saw it on TV, picked up the set of the 2 series. It's a sketch show starring loads of folk familiar from 'Spaced', 'Alan Partridge' and such like. Generally a surreal sort of humour, can be a bit hit or miss at times but pretty enjoyable overall. I particularly liked the animated 'World Staring Championships' and the humdrum day in the life of a Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon lookalike.

• Upvote 2

I've watched seasons 2-5 of It's Always Sunny in 2 days. I wish my life was like Charlie's. I just want to shout all the time.

“Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don’t I strap on my job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on little jobbies?!”

Season 1 is a slow burner, alot like the first season of Parks. As with alot of US comedies, it hits the ground running in Season 2. There's not much you need to know from Season 1. 3 guys and a girl run a very unsuccessful bar. All of them are bad people with terrible morals and terrible ideas.

Also, Danny DeVito comes in on Season 2 as Dennis and Dee's dad. He is great.

Skip Season 1. Go straight to Season 2. I sort of lost interest in the later episodes of Community and The Office. Parks and It's Always Sunny are my favourites, and It's Always Sunny are still kicking it after 7 seasons, and it's all good. Actually, I'm yet to see Season 7, but I've heard it's still just as good.