aberdeen-music

'MOST MISSED' POLL 2009 - Fudge Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards 2009 will be held at The Lemon Tree in Aberdeen on Friday 13th February. It's our ninth annual awards shindig, featuring live music from The Lorelei, Edinburgh's Tyrant Lizard Kings, and another band to be confirmed, plus a two-part awards ceremony (it's very tounge-in-cheek, don't worry), where we celebrate the best bands Aberdeen's had to offer over the past year.

We're posting a series of polls online here at aberdeen-music.com where you can vote for your favourites. There will also be voting slips available at Fudge gigs and clubnights (starting with the Black Tooth Rock Lounge at Snafu on monday night). We'll total these votes up and arrive at our winner... who will be announced before their star-struck fans at the Lemon Tree awards show.

So. Let's ask:

'MOST MISSED' 2009?

Please vote above!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PREVIOUS 'MOST MISSED' WINNERS:

2001 - Red By Choice

2002 - TAR

2003 - The Anal Punishers

2004 - Psycho A-Go-Go

2005 - We Become Less

2006 - Dr Drakes

2007 - Today We Fight!

2008 - The Lemon Tree

2009 - ???

Assuming you couldn't vote for you own (ex)band, Blessed would get a shout from me... but being completely honest and objective, with Black Atom having paid ten years heavy service to the Aberdeen music scene along with literally hundreds of people turning up to our fare well gig(s), I'd say that it would be well earned.

I've often been sceptical of Atom somehow always managing to retain the coveted "most metal of metal" award - even when we only played 2 gigs a year - but this award would be most deserved!

Guest treader.
Assuming you couldn't vote for you own (ex)band, Blessed would get a shout from me... but being completely honest and objective, with Black Atom having paid ten years heavy service to the Aberdeen music scene along with literally hundreds of people turning up to our fare well gig(s), I'd say that it would be well earned.

I've often been sceptical of Atom somehow always managing to retain the coveted "most metal of metal" award - even when we only played 2 gigs a year - but this award would be most deserved!

It's metal as fuck to play 2 gigs a year. That's why!

A valid point, also, seeing as we did play our standard 2 gigs for the year, and they were both any good (as opposed to two Maiden Scotland support slots, 6 months apart), we should at least be wildcard for the Metal award too.. no?

Come on Mr Fudge, whats the umpire's verdict :p

(i am just fucking with you, honest!)

• 2 weeks later...