aberdeen-music

BEST 'ROCK' ACT 2009 POLL - Fudge Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards 2009 will be held at The Lemon Tree in Aberdeen on Friday 13th February. There's a good omen. It'll be our ninth annual awards shindig, featuring three live bands and a two-part awards ceremony (it's very tounge-in-cheek, don't worry), where we celebrate the best bands Aberdeen's had to offer over the past year.

We're posting a series of polls online here at aberdeen-music.com where you can vote for your favourites. There will also be voting slips available at Fudge gigs and clubnights (starting this Saturday at the Moorings Bar if everything comes back from the printers in time!).

We'll total these votes up and arrive at our winner... who will be announced before their star-struck fans at the Lemon Tree awards show, and have a chance to enter local messageboard forklore with a highly drunken acceptance speech (which reminds me....)

Anyway, next we ask:

BEST 'ROCK' ACT IN ABERDEEN 2009?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FORMER BEST ROCK ACT WINNERS:

2001 - TAR

2002 - Liber8

2003 - Liber8

2004 - Deadloss Superstar

2005 - Deadloss Superstar

2006 - Deadloss Superstar

2007 - Fiction/Action

2008 - Snake Temple Kings

2009 - ???

all votes for 'None of the Above', etc are deemd 'protest votes' and discounted.

the paper voting slips only have the band names on them. in those cases, it's deemed a protest vote and discounted when, for instance, someone draws a cock over the nominations for best indie, or writes 'fuck off, they're all shit' over every category.

all votes for 'None of the Above', etc are deemd 'protest votes' and discounted.

the paper voting slips only have the band names on them. in those cases, it's deemed a protest vote and discounted when, for instance, someone draws a cock over the nominations for best indie, or writes 'fuck off, they're all shit' over every category.

Does this happen often?

Snake Temple Kings literally amazed me when we played with them.

I am going through a bit of a prog phrase at the moment, so I imagine that I'd appreciate them more than I used to, but this band, both in performance and technical skill are nothing short of outstanding.

They have my vote.