Gear to buy for 2009?

Lame Guitarist

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o_Oo_Oo_O

I'll stick with my Mark II!

BTW my only purchase this year will be a footswitch for it. (if I can ever find one at a reasonable price)

keep a hold of your mark 2 - the prices for them will prob go up through the roof. even the mark IV apparently will now go for more second hand than it was brand new since they discontinued it.

• 2 weeks later...

I want one of these:

ELECTRO HARMONIX Sovtek BIG MUFF Pi green vintage fuzz on eBay, also Effects Pedals, Parts Accessories, Guitar, Musical Instruments (end time 25-Jan-09 18:40:27 GMT)

Just like my first Big Muff that I got about 12 years ago, but it died. My USA replacement just doesn't sound the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an ESP BMF EC-I CTM FT Silverburst at Christmas so hopefully that will cover my guitar playing needs for this year and I can concentrate on the following;

VHT Sig X with VHT 4x12 Straight Cab (deposit's down - ooooh!)

Randall V2 Archetype with Matching Cab (maybe 2010 for that)

either an Ibanez SR-400, a Warwick Corvette $$ in Nirvana Black, a Lakland 4401 or a Sandberg Basic 4.

A few pedals (Wah, Clean Boost, Analogue Delay etc)

Rack o' doom (probably 2010 again but could get lucky)

Genz Benz GBE-750 with a Genz Benz GB610-XB2 cab.

make sure you get a real VHT and not a cheap clone. Apparently the name VHT was bought over by a chinese company called AXL that will punt out cheaply made amps called VHT and look just like the norm.

Don't know the full reason but something to do with the guy that owns VHT losing the trademark, being taken to court and losing out or something like that.

He is still releasing his VHT well built branded amps but under a new name. I think the name is Fryette amps

There's a lot of hub-bub about the VHT/Fryette/AXL saga. The current most popular one is Steve Fryette taking a loan from AXL and using the VHT name as collateral. When he defaulted on payments they took him to court and won.

It's the real deal original VHT Sig X. The new line of VHT's don't have anything in common with the original Fryette designed amps. Small boutique style club amps rather than the versatile high wattage monsters originally created under the VHT name. :)

You can find the new stuff at Fryette Amplification - site's a bit bare bones, apparently Steve must find creating the amps more appealing than spending time designing a website. the original VHT one was shit as well. Good job the amps don't suck or I'd be an unhappy bugger! :up:

Rarer than hens teeth those!

Never paid attention but why did Fender stop producing them?

because they are shit. (fender i mean)

nah seriously, no idea...shame, because they are certainly an amp that is loved. This amp is regarded as one of the best all valve bass amps ever made alongside the original ampeg blueline svt's, mesa boogie 400+, Peavey classic 400 etc.