aberdeen-music

Gear to buy for 2009?

Lame Guitarist

ooh an ubershall (or however its spelt :D) Bogners are real nice. i tried the ecstacy but ended up going for the mesa roadster cos of the independant eq's for each channel and other options. They are nice though. i use bogner cabs as well which are fab.

Pricey though and the prices on Bogner just went up recently i believe

Yeah, i had a play of one once and it was brutal and clear at the same time. If i had the money it would be mine.

The build quality was superb.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try one of these....

Blackstar HT5 - 5 Watt Combo (HT5) from GigGear.co.uk

I bought one back in December (250) and haven't used my Fender since.

The Overdrive channel is just fabulous and the Clean is pretty good (not Fender good, but I don't use Clean that often)

Well built, small, light and great sounding - highly recommended.

You'r welcome to a shottie of mine sometime - and they comce in head format as well and sound great through 4x12 cabs.

Sounds quite interesting, any idea where their amps are manufactured?

They (Blackstar) are made in Korea (I think); somewhere in the Far East for sure.

I'd like to get my dirty mitts on;

- Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Ltd Edition in orange w/ black racing stripes (!)

- Orange Rockerverb 50 Head/ Combo

- Another 2x12 cabinet with V30's (Never should have sold the MESA)

- Another Fender Strat (A. Dlx or similar. Montego black w/ gold very much tickling my end also, either that or one of the now discontinued candy tangerines. Beautiful finish.)

- A Fender Tele (see above)

- Some kind of power supply that will always work as well as powering all my pedals at once (9, 12 and 18V with various + and - tippage).

- I'd still like an acoustic piano despite the enormous practical impossibilities involved.

- Martin acoustic guitar.

- Adrian Smith signature Jackson Dinky (wooah)

Doesn't look like much or any of this'll be likely in the next twelve months, but then again, who does it hurt to dream?

I definitely need a new amp and probably a new guitar too. At the moment I'm leaning towards an Orange Tiny Terror as it seems to have a lot of bang for the buck, but I'm not sure. Probably buy a shitload of pedals that I'll end up using one or twice and never look at again, too...

I reccomend Tiny Terrors. They're fuckin magic so long as you don't need heaps o extra shit on your amp (and let's face it, noone does).

After a bit of thought, I have decided that this is probably the guitar I'm going to invest in next month. Or possibly next week.

Fender Jazzmaster 62 Re-Issue (GAK)

The exchange rate drop won't have helped, but check out these badboys.

Wildwood Guitars | Electrics | Fender | American Vintage "Thin Skin NItro" Special Lacquer Series '62 Jazzmaster

I think I would literally kill for one of the shell pink ones. :love:

I'm digging Daphne blue as well, but the pink is just too cool. One day I'd like to own Fenders in Shell pink, Daphne blue and Seafoam green. :) Mmm.

R44985.JPG

Not sure what colour you're after but Peter Cooks have some Jazzmasters for 459. I've bought from the lots of times and they are very good to deal with.

Peter Cook's Guitar World - Fender Guitars, Strat, Tele, Jaguar, Jazzmaster, Cyclone, Jagstang

I bought a new bass the tail end of the year. Lakland DJ4. I am in love with this bass.

Other than that its pedals more than likely.

yass

you actually got a lakeland? ace :)

i'm about to take delivery of a motu 828 mk 2, then when i get time away from uni shit, i'll maybe get round to forming a band :)

After a bit of thought, I have decided that this is probably the guitar I'm going to invest in next month. Or possibly next week.

Fender Jazzmaster 62 Re-Issue (GAK)

Strangely, despite my love of Jaguars and especially Mustangs, I've never gotten on with Jazzmasters. They feel very strange to my me. I guess its the longer scale length?