aberdeen-music

Drum madness!!

Drummerboy

I don't think at any point I did suggest that he did use it did? I like it, I don't really care at the value or the prestige it has, if you give me an export snare that I like the sound of, I'll

use it! :up:

And just for reference, I have seen Soul Funkin Hot on several occasions, and never have I been disappointed with the drum sound.

Na the point i was making is its funny how an artist has his/her own stuff and then they don't use it much you know - its like false advertising! I mean steve white has his own Vater sticks but apparently he always uses Chad Smiths8-) and yeah i agree there is nothing wrong with "cheap" snare drums - ive got a firecracker which is fun. But i think its funny how they can add 100 quid onto the price tag just becuase it has someones name on it. Omar Hakims 13" African mohogamy snare is one of my fav sig snares i must admit.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i got a 13" pearl free floating brass piccolo.

and i think some sabian AAX cymbals (always wished I had zildjians though)

and the remains of a premier astria kit somewhere too.

i got a 13" pearl free floating brass piccolo.

and i think some sabian AAX cymbals (always wished I had zildjians though)

and the remains of a premier astria kit somewhere too.

The free floaters are nice! I used to have a 14 by 6" brass model. And i used to play Sabian but then went to Zildjian. But they are good cymbals mate - chad smith uses AAs and AAXs and his kit sounds fab! I love the Dave Weckle Evolution series:up:

Slap me if I'm being ignorant here. But wouldn't the wood on the rim deteriorate pretty quickly with constant use and have threat or cracking, rim shots etc? Nice looking drum though

From what I've heard, as long as you don't abuse it, the only marks on the hoops will be largely cosmetic. You might put small dents in it, but they're supposed to be very durable and certainly shouldn't crack. Surprisingly, they're also supposed to be nearly as good as die-cast hoops for keeping in tune.

Saw a review not long back for a custom kit by a small Canadian company called Ayotte. They make the whole kit using wood hoops. Supposedly one of the best kits out there. Would love to play one.

AYOTTE DRUMS - Handmade By Drummers For Drummers

From what I've heard, as long as you don't abuse it, the only marks on the hoops will be largely cosmetic. You might put small dents in it, but they're supposed to be very durable and certainly shouldn't crack. Surprisingly, they're also supposed to be nearly as good as die-cast hoops for keeping in tune.

Saw a review not long back for a custom kit by a small Canadian company called Ayotte. They make the whole kit using wood hoops. Supposedly one of the best kits out there. Would love to play one.

AYOTTE DRUMS - Handmade By Drummers For Drummers

Ayotte drums are really good - but they come with a big price tago_O