aberdeen-music

Worst Xmas present you've ever had?

Ithaca

So Xmas is well and truely over for another year. The odd inch (or three) has been added to the waistline, bank balances have never looked lower, mutterings of "I''ll never drink again!" have been heard the length and breadth of the country, and if anything like me, you're new year resolve has already started to fade...

Now I've had some pretty shit Xmas presents in my time but this year my lovely ma and pa went all out! The distant childhood memory of disappointment of unwrapping my annual sock and pant combo from Great Auntie Julie pales in comparison to the utter pile of shite I received from my parents this year. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not normally one to 'look a gift a horse in the mouth', but this year was something truely special. This year was the year of the travel Sudoku machine!! With the build quality of a Kinder toy (though far less entertaining), the sleekness of a Fiat Cinquecento and it's 6.99 price tag still on full view, I was super chuffed. Can I count to nine? Yes I can! Thanks Mum and Dad! :up:

not so much as the worst present, but the worst story to follow a present - I got a nice big warm dressing gown and a nice necklace from my boyf which were all lovely, however he then proceded to tell me how he was originally going to buy me a ps2 (new at the time) but the guy in the shop, said "you're not going to buy your g/f a ps for xmas??" so he didn't and bought me the other stuff!! evils to my boyf too for knowing me and listening to that freak!

Back in the 80s my dear old granny (RIP) used to buy me soap on a roap, even though we only had a bath back then.

Secret Santas at work seem to be a goldmine for shit presents. I normally get total crap (although one year somebody got me a Phil Collins mug after I'd ranted about how much I hate the cunt :up:), but I remember Mrs Bigsby got given some Northern Soul CDs despite the fact that she's a Whitney/Mariah/X-Factor kinda gal, just because the guy who got her name out of the hat was into Northern Soul.

I have had some extremely shit presents over the years from my dad.

I must admit I am a terrible shopper so I just skip it and ask people what they want.

One year he wanted a bread maker and the next he wanted a USB turntable. Both years I got him what he wanted. They weren't hugely expensive but still not cheap.

Now I know we don't give to recieve and that it's all about giving and being generous.

BOLLOCKS!!

I gave good gifts in the hope I would get something decent back.

The first year I got a novelty wooden clog with a can of Heineken in it and the next I got a Weird looking bottle of beer wearing a cowboy hat with a minature of tequila and a shot glass.

This year I got a Guinness gift box........I stopped drinking over a year ago!

i got slippers n foot stuff this year which I liked from works secret santa, which was done 'buy a gift for a woman/man' rather than for a specific person, but it's way to hard to get someone something decent for 5 these days!

my pal got jaffa cakes!?! WTF! then proceded to moan about it to the person who gave her them!! lol!

Guest treader.

I'd have been fucking delighted to get Jaffa Cakes from Secret Santa.

Our office didnt do a Secret Santa, because some dumb bitch complained it was "based on office politics" or some shit.

So I shit on her desk and left a note that said "How's that for politics, you ugly slut?"