aberdeen-music

Big Cats of the UK

Guest Hobo

So I was looking at pages on big cats of the uk and came across this page on wikipedia

British big cats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Famous cats

* Cath Palug, Isle of Anglesey, medieval

* Beast of Exmoor, Devon and Somerset, 1970s - Present [12]

* Beast of Bodmin, Cornwall, 1992 - Present [13]

* "Felicity" the Puma, Inverness-shire, 1980 [14](WTF??)?

* Surrey Puma, Surrey and Hampshire, 1959 - 1970 [15]

* Fen Tiger, Cambridgeshire, 1950s - 1990s [16]

* Wrangaton Lion, Devon, 1998 - 1999 [17]

* Bucks Beast, Buckinghamshire, 1995[18] - Present

* The Beast of Basingstoke, a big cat sighted around Basingstoke in the early 1990s, and believed to be a lion or puma.[19]

* The Beast of Bevendean, a big cat which has mauled dogs in the suburbs of Brighton.[20]

:laughing:

Felicity the Puma was caught and discovered to be very tame - obviously somebody had owned her as a pet and then released her into the wild. She she lived out the rest of her days at the Highland Wildlife Park at Kincraig, near Kingussie. Her stuffed remains are in the Inverness museum

Am Baile - Felicity the Puma, caught at Cannich, 1980

There's even an audio file at the above website.

Regards

Flossie

Guest treader.
My girlfriend swears she saw a lion in Dyce.

Hmmm, I suppose it's possible really. I mean, there used to be hundreds of circuses that toured the country and I'd imagine a certain amount of animals from each escaped or whatever.

It's possible. I'd love to actually have evidence of it though.

Hmmm, I suppose it's possible really. I mean, there used to be hundreds of circuses that toured the country and I'd imagine a certain amount of animals from each escaped or whatever.

It's possible. I'd love to actually have evidence of it though.

Though she did once also tell me that she got "chased by a crazy duck from space", which turned out to be a Moorhen, so you never really know what to believe with her.

12th October 2003 / Aberdeenshire / Scotland. Motorists driving along Mugiemoss Road, in Bucksburn were shocked to see a large black cat, believed to be 4-6ft long, cross the road and head down among the shrubs towards the River Don shortly after 9pm. Press & Journal: 13th October 2003

I lived on this street around that time and I used to be scared shitless walking up the road at night. Used to see a lot of freaky looking creatures crossing the road opposite the graveyard (just at the roundabout before the bridge that leads to tescos) and also up at the non-housed side of Auchmill Road. Seen a big cat at least twice, once the whole family were walking home, kids in buggy, and this thing just stopped dead on the road staring at us, before an oncoming vehicle scared it off and it ran down to the river. Freaky shit....

There's been a lot of big cat sightings around Aberdeen, I've heard of sightings in Dyce and Mintlaw.

Theres a lot of dogs that come from mintlaw so im not sure....

Im sure when I was younger I saw a large sandy coloured cat in a field between dyce and Newmachar o_O