aberdeen-music

FunkNight @ Tunnels

FatHand

Liking Hugo's 'jahgus' track. Seems to be using his voice a lot better nowadays. Is that you on the keys?

Thanks very much Kiosque for the plug! Hope you can make it along if you are available!

Ah yes Jahgus, that is me on the keys. That version was a little rough actually, a kind of ideas track but not a bad tune for what it is. It's got an Austin amount of cheese to it ;)

Might be recording the show for the electronic stuff but for Super Six the problem is that what comes through the desk is probably not going to cut it. I'd prefer to mic up the room and record it like that but I'm pretty busy with trying to get all of my pieces of music tied up (a little last minute as always!) to organise that.

On the night I first thought of having someone introducing the bands, which I like the idea of, but decided that I'd to try doing it with some sample based music instead (and probably Hugo doing some crowd exciting) ... it's proving a little tricky but if I can get it all done in time this should be pretty unique for an Aberdeen night. If it works I'll try and do this for each band that plays on any of our Super Six Funk Machine Presents nights.

If anyone reading this post fits into the genres we cover (funk, hip hop, electronic or any combination) please get in touch with me. It's kind of a party night so looking for more up tempo acts. I'm really keen to widen the group of people involved in our night. I will need to hear your music but willing to come along to listen to part of a rehersal if you have no demo. I'd actaully prefer this as a way of inviting groups/artists to be honest, get a much better idea of what you're like!!

hey guys

good fun last night

who was the djs?

when i left (i was too hungover) the music was really really good and it was kinda miami bass / hip hop / heavy beats

and earlier there was someone playing electro house stuff that was really cool too.

was it two different guys or same dj?

just curious coz id go and hear them again if i knew who it was..