aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in town that does good steak? It's my birthday this weekend. The big two-seven. The tradition for the big two-seven is to eat a steak the size of a toilet seat and swill beer until you can't walk, so I've heard. I want in on that. So where's all the steak at?

I made 'Buffalo Chicken Soft Tacos' yesterday. Amazing.

Half a rotisserie chicken chopped up in a pan

add a huge wad of Franks wing sauce

Stir and heat

spoon onto a flour tortilla which i'd heated and melted cheese atop of

smother with ranch dressing

add some romain lettuce and some spring onions

ate

repeat till full

• Upvote 1

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in town that does good steak? It's my birthday this weekend. The big two-seven. The tradition for the big two-seven is to eat a steak the size of a toilet seat and swill beer until you can't walk, so I've heard. I want in on that. So where's all the steak at?

Prime Cuts - Crown Terrace.

• Upvote 1

Moonfish. Sounds like a purely seafood place but the steak there is 2die4! http://www.moonfishcafe.co.uk/dinner/

xx

Moonfish have done the best steak I've had in Aberdeen, much better than Prime Cuts.

Edited by Jan
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Milton Brasserie at Milton of Crathes last night (fucking EVERYWHERE in Banchory was fully booked, must have been because of Run Balmoral). Decided to order the steak as it's been a long time since I had one in a restaurant:

s3WJeuo.jpg

That there is a sirloin steak on a bed of beef stovies. It. Was. Awesome.

• 4 months later...

looks amazing. What was the occassion? I can't imagine just having all that seafood for no good reason.

No reason really, apart from that I went up to Howth today, (a little fishing village just north of Dublin, all fish shops, seafood restaurants, fish markets) with my girlfriend's family who are visiting and we bought a load of fresh seafood. Then we cooked it all and ate it. Dublin is well-known for epic seafood, oysters especially. Here's me looking douchey in Howth with some oysters.

941773_10151494322215382_1611421207_n.jp