aberdeen-music
DJ Jo-D

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

there should definitely be beer involved too

Well I'll have to drive to yours and I'm on call, but if you want to drink beer go ahead.

Boiled egg mashed up in a cup ...... STUNNING....

Recipe

4 eggs

A cup

Tadge of butter

Boil eggs to suit..Put in cup mash up with fork..Add a tadge of butter.......Tried it before with a pinch of paprika was just as good.........

EAT

I tried this, but it was too crunchy for my liking.

My Sauce For Wings As Of Last Week: put a fuckload of your favourite hot pepper sauce in a bowl, melt up some butter and throw it in along with smoked paprika, cayenne, white vinegar and some dark brown sugar.

I sometimes throw in some lime juice as well, I think it works but it might be taking things too far. I don't know.

That's my recipe too, except I don't usually use brown sugar, and I've not used lime juice either. I like both of those things though, so I should try it.

I don't usually marinade either. I usually roll the wings in a mix of flour, more cayenne pepper, ground garlic and paprika, so the skin goes crispy and ever so slightly breaded. It gives the hot sauce more to soak into, so you get more sauce, and more heat. Crispy chicken skin is so great too. I just brush on the sauce once done, and then have at them.

• Upvote 2

Recipe please.

Here you go Adam .... simple but well tasty :

Smoked Haddock & Prawn Paella

2 tsp Olive Oil

1 Medium Onion, finely chopped

2 Garlic Cloves, crushed

5 Saffron Strands

1 Red Pepper, deseeded & diced

225g (8oz) Arborio Risotto Rice

850ml (1.1/2 pints) Fish or Vegetable Stock

125g (4.1/2 oz) frozen Garden Peas

225g (8oz) skinless Smoked Haddock fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces

125g (4.1/2oz) Peeled Prawns

2Tbsp fresh chopped Parsley

Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper

Method:

Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion and garlic, cook over a low heat, stirring until onion has softened, but not browned.

Place the Saffron in a small dish and cover with 2 tablespoons of boiling water, leave to stand, so saffron infuses and colours the water a bright yellow.

Add the Red Pepper and Rice to the pan, saute slightly for 2 mins, then add the saffron and its soaking liquid, then add all the stock, Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins, stirring every so often, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.

Add the frozen peas and Smoked Haddock pieces, and continue cooking for 5 mins .... Toss in the Prawns and Parsley, season with salt & pepper to taste, and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes until piping hot .

Serve ...... Eat and Enjoy

:)

• Upvote 2

I had egg in a cup AGAIN but i tried the Gordon Ramsay Recipe for it...I personally didnt taste a difference

Recipe

4 fucking eggs 

A fucking cup

Tadge of fucking butter

• Upvote 1

Lame joke is lame.

I got a load of recipes yesterday for making stuff in coffee mugs. Meatloaf in a mug, quiche in a mug, cinnamon roll cake in a mug and a chocolate and peanut butter cake in a mug with hot fudge and peanut butter mouse on top. It looks incredible.

• Downvote 1

Lame joke is lame.

I got a load of recipes yesterday for making stuff in coffee mugs. Meatloaf in a mug, quiche in a mug, cinnamon roll cake in a mug and a chocolate and peanut butter cake in a mug with hot fudge and peanut butter mouse on top. It looks incredible.

I saw a recipe once for making brownies in a mug:

tumblr_mgvkiz6Q6S1qcu158o1_500.jpg

that brownie thing looks amazing.  baking in a microwave?  genius.   isn't that why tea cakes are called tea cakes?  they were originally made in teacups.

hangover food is an amazing subgenre of food.  must include, egg and/or pork based meat.

• Upvote 1

So we did the hot wings. Fucking awesome. Whole bottle of Frank's red hot sauce, some butter, some cayenne, smoked paprika and some smoked chipotle sauce heated together. Marinaded the wings, roasted them then smothed them in the rest of the sauce. So fucking good.  I want more.

Bit worried about what my ass may make of it tomorrow though...

Me and the missus are doing the hot wings tonight. 5 o clock can't come soon enough!

We'll probably give those cakes in cups a go too.

Edited by PhiI

I've never liked chicken wings, not sure exactly what it is either just not my idea of fun. I don't like ribs either, maybe it's messy finger food related hatred.

Me and the missus are doing the hot wings tonight. 5 o clock can't come soon enough!

Me too! Except, alone. ;( Inspired by this thread.

Chris - did you flour/dry-goods them up at all pre-baking? I guess not if you marinaded them?

Me too! Except, alone. ;( Inspired by this thread.

Chris - did you flour/dry-goods them up at all pre-baking? I guess not if you marinaded them?

Can't see the vid in the post above at work.

Anyway we just marinaded, no flour.  There was a lack of crispy skin but the big advantage was in the flavour.  We made the decision after some reading:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/buffalo-wings-baked-recipe.html?ref=search

If you really want to maximise your crispy skin read this:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/the-best-baked-buffalo-chicken-wings-in-oven-not-fried-appetizers.html?ref=search

honestly, those hot wings were one of the finest things i've ever put in my mouth.  I can only imagine how awesome they'd be with extra crispyness but as it was they were still fantastic.  the chicken was full of awesome flavour and just fell off the bones.  I would have quite happily licked the bowl clean as well.

totally doing chicken wings again.  I'd like to make my own sauce though.

Nice one - definitely doing this tonight, I'm going to go for the flour method and will report back re: crispiness in due course.

So the wings were nice and crispy, but as it was my first effort with the sauce, I'm not sure the quantities were quite right...definitely still very nice though, will make again.

On a side note, for those that like SANDWICHES, I found this on another forum. A sandwich for every day of the month (unless it's January, February, March, May, July, August, October or December where you'll have to make one of them twice):

aa1c0cd2819242e070488655b5cc9270.jpg

• Upvote 2