aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Pointless and cringey swearing and swigging directly from the bottle that he then uses to cook for customers among other things. Just 'being wacky'.

He seems an intelligent enough sort deep down, mind you.

I liked him. Some of the "pumping" guy on belmont street was the most embarrassing to me.

The sweary chef I found pretty annoying too. That rough Glasgow charm act wears thin. There's just no need to be so aggressive all the time. I quite like the presenter, she has the posh naive act down.

It's a shame that a country so abundant in great food has such a bad cuisine/food culture. My ex's dad is a fisherman and he says that 90% of the best stuff he catches goes abroad because Scottish people dinna like things like langoustines and monk fish. Nice to see places like Musa pop up more and more though.

• 5 months later...

Thread revival.

Ate at a Japanese friend's house the other day. It's amazing how different their tastes are and how they view food. E.g. An example of a thrown-together quick meal for her was: boiled rice, avocado, lemon juice, soy sauce, mayonnaise, all mixed up, topped with spring onions. So tasty I've since made it twice at home. Added some ground chicken one time.

Can someone please fill me in on the place that does burritos where Kilau used to be? This is vital information.

Only been once but it was lovely, had to wait a little bit but got a free taco for my troubles (GBOLATB), I think it might be the guy who used to sell them on George Street

Edited by Gypsum_Fantastic