aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Take 5 is bollocks in general, I used to go there for lunch sometimes when I worked in Altens, the sandwiches were always soggy, the salad in the sandwiches was always brown, and it cost about 3 for a polystyrene bowl of watery soup.

the van comes round our work, it's overpriced and mingy! NEVER have decent pies, bacon roll's like a heart attack in a bun and cold!

Take 5 used to come round my work as well, they stopped the end of April due to not making enough cash. I was always amazed how two weeks after they started people were running to the van to buy food, like they had never had lunch before it started to come.

I only really got a crumble and custard or muffin from the van.

Inspired by this thread I made a pizza today. I did cheat on the sauce, and I just had to make do with what was in the fridge for toppings, but needless to say it tasted fucking ace:

029.jpg

So all you've done today is sit in the sunshine, drinking beer and making pizza? You fucking bastard.

I'm melting in my office...

Good effort on the pizza though, looks great.

Whoo bought myself a good griddle pan for Steaks n Fish etc and also a stonebake plate thingy for making perfect pizza mmmmmm

Had chicken & broccoli, with mustard, mayo, red peppers, garlic & emmental cheese baked in croissant dough at the weekend - FIT FINE!

I'm getting a pizza stone for my birthday. I already make pizzas on the rack but never risk making the dough too thin as a result. I'm going to be aiming for some obscenely thin and crispy numbers once I get this beauty on the go. Awesome

Ace! Reminds me when my ex spent an age on making this pretty amzing looking pizza, chucked it in the ovan and the whole thing melted through the wire rack......his heart fell!! Shame but we got a right laugh out of it!

This is the pampered cherf recipe to try on it also (croissants are meant to be good to help get it well oiled up ;)

ps - ignore the fancy names for things cause it's pampered chef demo ...

Chicken & Broccoli Ring

Recipe

225 g (8 oz) skinless, boneless cooked chicken, chopped

175 g (6 oz) broccoli, chopped

1/2 red pepper, seeded and finely diced

1 clove garlic, pressed

140 g (5 oz) Gruyre or Emmental cheese, grated, divided

125 ml (4 fl oz) mayonnaise

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 packets (240 g each) chilled fresh ready-to-bake dough for six croissants

1 egg white, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 190C/fan 170C/Gas 5. Coarsely chop chicken and broccoli on Cutting Board using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Dice red pepper using Utility Knife; add to bowl. Add garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl. Grate 115 g (4 oz) cheese into bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add mayonnaise, mustard and salt; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper.

Unroll croissant dough; separate into 12 triangles. Arrange dough triangles in a circle on Medium Round Stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in centre and pointed ends towards the outside (there should be about 13 cm/5 in diameter opening in centre of stone). Gently press edges of triangles where they meet together to seal.

Spoon chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of dough triangles. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at centre of ring (filling should not be completely covered). Place baking stone in Medium & Rectangle Rack.

Brush egg white over the top and place in the oven for 30 mins till golden

Does look like a fine burger!!

Ace! Reminds me when my ex spent an age on making this pretty amzing looking pizza, chucked it in the ovan and the whole thing melted through the wire rack......his heart fell!! Shame but we got a right laugh out of it!

Was that how he became your ex? screwed up your tea! :D

haha yip thats what happens!!

This is so wrong:

Konopizza

The pizza cone

Don't let me within a mile of one of these places when I have the munchies! :D

I'm ashamed to say this... I have eaten one.

In Barcelona last week at Primavera, we had all been looking at them for two days and saying 'that's fucking disgusting' and 'I'd never eat that' etc but then the drunken hunger kicked in and they started looking pretty tempting.

I'm even more ashamed to say, it wasn't even that bad.

I would seriously injure a not very nice person to get this right now :love:

in_and_out.jpg

Only available in California and bits of Arizona, unfortunately.

They are so good. I had one on my last night on holiday in California, and it was so good that I went and got one for breakfast the next day. Mmm.