aberdeen-music

ESP/LTD Quality issues :(

funky_peanut

Hey,

I don't know if it's just me but I have had nothing but trouble with the LTD brand. I purchased an EC-1000 Deluxe (the one with the Seymour Duncan JB's ) and it was the 2007 model believe. For the first couple of months it was fine but it soon developed an earthing problem.

As I purchased the guitar from RnB the guys there had alook at the troublesome guitar on 4 different occassions and agreed that the wiring was indeed sub-par.

Still, after 4 attempts at trying to resolve the issue it was decided that a brand new guitar of the same type would be ordered.

Within 3 days I had the new guitar, same make and model except it was the 2008 model and I must say it was horrible!! The finish was sloppy, the fret work was shite and to top

it all off the pick up switch was full of crap which meant it would cut out when switching to the bridge pick up.

Although the pick up situation was resolved by the good people at RnB I believe that guitar should of never left the factory like that so I decided that I would invest in something else...... an ESP M-II Urban Camo which set me back 1,560 or something lol.

I must say that the staff at RnB are Incredibly helpful and very polite as I was moaning like a little bitch for the whole saga lol.

Just a note.. my Jackson DXMG Dinky was more preferable to the LTD EC-1000 which i found to be well over priced at 900 but oh wells.

Just wondered if anyone has fallen foul of the quality decline of new LTD's? ( I have an old LTD H-100 which is well built lol so not totally against LTD)

Cheers!

Rant Over.

Hey,

I don't know if it's just me but I have had nothing but trouble with the LTD brand. I purchased an EC-1000 Deluxe (the one with the Seymour Duncan JB's ) and it was the 2007 model believe. For the first couple of months it was fine but it soon developed an earthing problem.

As I purchased the guitar from RnB the guys there had alook at the troublesome guitar on 4 different occassions and agreed that the wiring was indeed sub-par.

Still, after 4 attempts at trying to resolve the issue it was decided that a brand new guitar of the same type would be ordered.

Within 3 days I had the new guitar, same make and model except it was the 2008 model and I must say it was horrible!! The finish was sloppy, the fret work was shite and to top

it all off the pick up switch was full of crap which meant it would cut out when switching to the bridge pick up.

Although the pick up situation was resolved by the good people at RnB I believe that guitar should of never left the factory like that so I decided that I would invest in something else...... an ESP M-II Urban Camo which set me back 1,560 or something lol.

I must say that the staff at RnB are Incredibly helpful and very polite as I was moaning like a little bitch for the whole saga lol.

Just a note.. my Jackson DXMG Dinky was more preferable to the LTD EC-1000 which i found to be well over priced at 900 but oh wells.

Just wondered if anyone has fallen foul of the quality decline of new LTD's? ( I have an old LTD H-100 which is well built lol so not totally against LTD)

Cheers!

Rant Over.

Hey man. Yeah it's a shame the deal with the Eclipses you've had (I helped ya out a couple of times in the shop ;)), the thing with the second one's finish is that they're not nearly as cared about or conistent as ESP whatsoever (google some pictures of LTD Trucksters, then check the state of the 'relic' job of the one in the shop!). It is DRASTICALLY different looking as you know, the burst is very different and the top not nearly as pronounced. I haven't played them side by side to inspect fretwork etc. but shall do!

The thing with the switch, I guess it just happens really, I had to sort out the same on my Gibby Zakk that I had (4300 rrp guitar) and it's just life really. Just a shame it wasn't simply just that which was the problem (in the first, nicer looking one) :laughing:

You will notice a very big leap in quality between even the deluxe series LTDs and the standard series ESPs (such as the M-II UC). Material quality and fret edgings, inlay work, binding etc. a noticable step up from LTD equivalents for sure!

I found it strange that you wish to opt for the M-II however as a replacement of sorts for the EC-1000, basically every possible attribute that COULD be different, is. :laughing::p

Having dual EMGs, you won't have the noise problems the same like the first EC was giving you, the neck profile is much different, it's an alder body and maple neck thru with an ebony board, just a single volume knob. One thing to watch - it has the same style switch as the ECs do. Now these ARE more prone to issues than blade styles (e.g. on KH-2s) in my past experiences.

I have a signature series (essentially a standard series but signature model) ESP Hanneman and a custom shop (ooooh :p) ESP KH-2 Neck Thru. If you wish for me to let you try them, I may be able to. Though I don't tend to let anyone near the Hanneman, so in saying that... we have an M-II bolt on in the shop currently ;)

I can still let you have a blast of the KH to see the next jump in quality if you wish?

Don't let this setback with the guitars put you off, value for money and as far as options with regards to possible specifications, LTDs are brilliant.

ESPs, however, are better :up::laughing:

Ah, yes I remember now the resident ESP expert hehe. To be honest I kinda lost faith in the brand and particular model.after the swtich thing even though it wasn't a big deal. But it was one of those things that would sit in the back of your mind " oh what's gonna happen next" sorta thing and i'm paranoid about things breaking lol.

I chose the ESP M-II Urban camo because i couldn't resist the ole superstrat body and the ole' Flloyd Rose and for a wee bit more i was getting decent quality. The only thing i was down about was the satin finish but thats not a big deal at all lol. also less bells and whistles on it means less to go wrong lol and if something does... alot less wiring to worry about lol...i hope. I guess you could say the EC-1000 was a little venture out of the house of super strat style and duel EMG 81's lol.

a KH-2 Signiture ?! a Jeff Henneman ESP1? wasnt there a bit of controversey surrounding the inlays? lol.

I'm unworthy to play such guitars lol

But thanks for your assistance in resolving my guitar woes, should get a promotion dude!