aberdeen-music

Dissapointing.

Fair enough you don't like puzzle - agree its not as good as the earlyer material...its not as exciting/complex/prog.

however there are still some moments of genious and the songs are much better live. love has a diameter, 9/15ths and get fucked stuf in particular.

anyway back to the topic in hand - i was very disappointed by everything the killers did since hot fuzz. They are pure gash.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that at the Garage? I thought they were brilliant and seemed like genuine chaps. I really enjoyed the King Blues too, 'My Boulder' is some tune. In contrast, Former Cell Mates were one of the worst support bands I've ever witnessed.

I concur, I thought both bands were pretty awesome, and FCM were both bored and boring.

The King Blues' newest record is an absolute peach like. "What if Punk Never Happened" is one of the best tunes I've heard in ages.

I concur, I thought both bands were pretty awesome, and FCM were both bored and boring.

The King Blues' newest record is an absolute peach like. "What if Punk Never Happened" is one of the best tunes I've heard in ages.

Indeed it was the Garage gig - but I was disappointed. The King Blues are so fantastic - and that night simply showed up how tame GA are.

i was just going to say Brand New, as when i saw them live in london a couple of years back, they were effing hopeless.

they're great on record, but live - try again, lads.

I'm a huge fan so I'm maybe biased but I saw them in Carling Academy last year and they were good. The sound for the first 4 or 5 songs was ghastly but the technicians managed to amend it and it was a great show. OK, they don't recreate their recordings, but at least they don't try and fail. Jesse Lacey uses so many vocal tracks on the records and as far as I can tell he's the only one in the band who can sing.

That's so weird, I didn't know people liked them, they wouldn't normally be my cup of tea but I think they're wonderful. And, as aforementioned, he writes the best lyrics I have heard. Simply beautiful. I could write thousands of words on my love for this band so I'll just stop now.

Biggest disappointment: easily Iron Maiden in SECC in 2005. I was a fan of their earlier work and they just played songs from "Dance of Death" or whatever shite they'd recently released at the time. Was utter wank. Had a good rock out to tracks like "Hallowed be they Name" and "Fear of the Dark" to conclude the set which almost made up for how bored I was for the hour and a half before that and how pissed off I was for spending 25 pocket money on a ticket. I should have expected it though I suppose.

In terms of a CD... anything the chili peppers have done after BSSM or Sigur Ros's recent effort. Might need a bit more time on that one though.

I was also recently informed by a reliable source that the new Metallica album was "really good". I no longer consider that source reliable.

Biggest disappointment: easily Iron Maiden in SECC in 2005. I was a fan of their earlier work and they just played songs from "Dance of Death" or whatever shite they'd recently released at the time. Was utter wank. Had a good rock out to tracks like "Hallowed be they Name" and "Fear of the Dark" to conclude the set which almost made up for how bored I was for the hour and a half before that and how pissed off I was for spending 25 pocket money on a ticket. I should have expected it though I suppose.

You talking about the Matter of Life and Death Tour? The one where Trivium were guests? I thought that was a bit ropey right enough. Some of the tunes on that record were gash / 3minutes over-long/both. A couple of years earlier on the Dance of Death tour I thought the set was near enough perfect, considering I thought DoD was a pretty brilliant album.

You talking about the Matter of Life and Death Tour? The one where Trivium were guests? I thought that was a bit ropey right enough. Some of the tunes on that record were gash / 3minutes over-long/both. A couple of years earlier on the Dance of Death tour I thought the set was near enough perfect, considering I thought DoD was a pretty brilliant album.

No DoD tour. Aye, fair enough, their performance was good. Just don't like that album I suppose.