aberdeen-music

Dissapointing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was crushingly disappointed with Radioheads In Rainbows. Prehaps need to give it another listen. Wasn't particularly disappointed with them but Athlete were the most excruciatingly boring act I've ever had the disservice of seeing live. Thank goodness for Boy Kill Boy!

Yes, yes you do. It's brilliant. I haven't really rated anything they've done since OK Computer, but I think In Rainbows is a very good album indeed.

I thought it was a great album. Not as good as Hope is Important but i think better than 100 BW and their latest effort.

Right on. Though I think I rate 100 BW over Hope is Important.

Also, Make Another World is pretty overrated. A few very good tunes, but it's hardly the dazzling 'return to form' it's often billed as.

I can only think of 2 live shows that I was really looking forward too and were dire

Ozzy Osbourne - Edinburgh Playhouse 1986 - A total anti climax

Black Crowes - Aberdeen Capitol 1991 - Last show of the tour and they just seemed to stoned to care and I really thought they were gonna blow my mind.

Finch at the lemon tree years ago.

shite.

Brand new on the other hand were immense and that got me into them - superb band.

Brand New make me vomit with nothing but sheer jealousy and rage that I can't do what they do.

Were they playing? please say they weren't.

Jesse Lacey is a talented man. I'm envious of him as well.

The lyrics to Jesus Christ are possibly the best I have ever heard in my life.

One of the few songs that I think would stand it's ground if it was analysed as poetry (though nothing should be analysed as poetry. ever.)

The Fall at The Lemon Tree a couple months back, had been singing their praises to my mate after their Tunnels shows the other year and there seemed to be no good explanation for a walk off after 25 mins.

I seem to be quite a minority on this but Nick Cave's latest album still hasn't registered in my mind as this big return to form, although it's infinitely better than many folk would be after 14 albums or whatever.

The lyrics to Jesus Christ are possibly the best I have ever heard in my life.

One of the few songs that I think would stand it's ground if it was analysed as poetry (though nothing should be analysed as poetry. ever.)

You're not wrong. Brand New are one of those bands that just get better and better. I remember when "Your Favourite Weapon" came out and i thought they were total also-rans but then they released "Deja Entendu" and i was totally blown away by the amazing lyrics and quirky songs. Then they released "The Devil and God are raging in me" and i was left aghast and stunned that he could've topped the lyrical content in "Deja Entendu". Can't wait to hear what they do next.

You're not wrong. Brand New are one of those bands that just get better and better. I remember when "Your Favourite Weapon" came out and i thought they were total also-rans but then they released "Deja Entendu" and i was totally blown away by the amazing lyrics and quirky songs. Then they released "The Devil and God are raging in me" and i was left aghast and stunned that he could've topped the lyrical content in "Deja Entendu". Can't wait to hear what they do next.

They split up. Apparently. It said so on their myspace a while back but it doesn't now so...

They split up. Apparently. It said so on their myspace a while back but it doesn't now so...
On December 22, 2008, an update on Brand New's website announced that they had been in and out of the studio since about March, with roughly fifteen tracks to play with.
(Brand New - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) I know it's not always reliable though.

The Devil and God is just fantastic.

i was just going to say Brand New, as when i saw them live in london a couple of years back, they were effing hopeless.

they're great on record, but live - try again, lads.

Another was Biffy Clyro, saw them at wembley supporting Muse, and they couldn't have fallen any flatter if they'd tried.

The Gaslight Anthem recently were a let down - possibly as they had to follow the awesome King Blues, and seemed pretty tame in comparison. The fact they all look like and dress like Gap models also prejudiced me against them.

The Hold Steady ages ago was a bit poor - I think I just noticed how annoying the frontman is, and since then I can hardly listen to the CDs.

Brand New make me vomit with nothing but sheer jealousy and rage that I can't do what they do.

Were they playing? please say they weren't.

yeah. It was mainly stuff from their first album. Which although is pure angst filled emo is nevertheless excellent.

Their two most recent albums are immense. Saw them in glasgow last year and it was just jaw droppingly brilliant.

In reply to karmatsunami. I'm not going to rip you for not liking puzzle. Although i do like puzzle and think it has some great moments its better for you to love the rest and dislike puzzle than vice-versa. That you are entitled to your opinion.

Oh, now that dissapointed me, 'Puzzle' by Biffy Clyro. Don't get me wrong, I was a massive, massive fan, but after they released that album I just lost interest. I tried listening to it and loving it, but I just couldn't.

I expect to be ripped for this.

That album is an abomination.

Oh, now that dissapointed me, 'Puzzle' by Biffy Clyro. Don't get me wrong, I was a massive, massive fan, but after they released that album I just lost interest. I tried listening to it and loving it, but I just couldn't.

I expect to be ripped for this.

Why the fuck would anyone rip you? Its an absolute travesty of an album compared to their earlier material.

Why the fuck would anyone rip you?

I mentioned this to someone at Uni shortly after 'Puzzle' came out. They ripped me. Ripped me deep. That's why I covered myself.

It's not that I hate the album as such. It's just that some of the songs seem like they're building up to something and never do, they're just so...flat?...in comparison to the earlier stuff. It was just plain disappointing. Especially when 'Infinity Land' had some crackers and 'Vertigo of Bliss' was just fantastic. I still have a signed 'Blackened Sky' promo poster on the back of my door though, which has, rather amazingly, survived the past 6/7 years of being shunted from wall to wall. I used to absolutely love this band, but recently I just feel very 'meh' about them, which blows.

The Gaslight Anthem recently were a let down - possibly as they had to follow the awesome King Blues, and seemed pretty tame in comparison. The fact they all look like and dress like Gap models also prejudiced me against them.

The Hold Steady ages ago was a bit poor - I think I just noticed how annoying the frontman is, and since then I can hardly listen to the CDs.

Was that at the Garage? I thought they were brilliant and seemed like genuine chaps. I really enjoyed the King Blues too, 'My Boulder' is some tune. In contrast, Former Cell Mates were one of the worst support bands I've ever witnessed.