aberdeen-music

I appear to have become the bringer of Aberdeen acts to Glasgow

Sam 45

Guest idol_wild
Can you fuck, you were a disgrace last time.

(only joking of course)

You're just jealous because I am better at darts than you.

That said, you were the first to get a bullshit.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Alas, I got roped in to work at the last minute. My flatmates headed down though and said they enjoyed it, looked a good lineup. When's yer next Bloc gig? I'll get the time off work and come down.

Next one is at the Captain's Rest man on the 8th of April. Wintermute, My Cousin I Bid You Farewell and This Silent Forest (full band version of songwriter Graeme MacDonald Graeme Macdonald on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads).

• 2 months later...

That gig was fucking Postal! (I'm trying out a phrase in a new context still an experiment) Soothsayer were jolly, need to fine tune their craft but after 3 practices that was pretty sublime. Hen Night were the tits! Genre defying greatness. It broke my heart a little that he had my all time saught after dream amp and ripped it apart and called it the War Machine though. Codes were their usual great selves2 and we really enjoyed our set. The heat and the crowd was mental. Thanks again Sam!

It was a Fender Twin. 1500 of the most amazing clean tone in the world. Its drive channel is nice, not the best though. But Using my Metal Muff through its clean channel gives me goosebumps! This guy ripped off the front grill/mesh managed to rip the left speaker, rip off half the material and covered up the "twin" logo and wrote "WAR" on it in a fender font. But by fuck it still sounded amazing!

It was a Fender Twin. 1500 of the most amazing clean tone in the world. Its drive channel is nice, not the best though. But Using my Metal Muff through its clean channel gives me goosebumps! This guy ripped off the front grill/mesh managed to rip the left speaker, rip off half the material and covered up the "twin" logo and wrote "WAR" on it in a fender font. But by fuck it still sounded amazing!

Soothsayer were on first, Hen Night second.

HA! You and me both. I'd love to get my hands on a good conidition Fender Twin Silverface.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The return of 45 A-Side.

Afternoon all, the next (and first of 2010) 45 A-Side Records show is at the 13th Note on Monday the 14th of June featuring, Codes In The Clouds, Barn Owl, The Seventeenth Century and Katerwaul. A rather good evening of musical ramblings.

CODES IN THE CLOUDS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Based in Dartford, Kent, Codes In The Clouds play some of the finest post-rock music going in the UK at the moment. Their first album 'Paper Canyon' was released on Erased Tape Records (home to Icelandic Olafur Arnalds) to a host of critical acclaim. Since the release the band have toured all over Europe playing alongside the likes of This Will Destroy You and pg.lost. Recording their new record at the infamous Brighton Electric Studios in September, the band will be playing new songs from the record at this show.

'A perfectly presented first statement of their intentions... sending jolts from shoulders to fingertips.' (8/10) CLASH

Barn Owl on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Since changing their name to Barn Owl and letting influences such as Teenage Fanclub, Yo La Tengo and Beach House take more of an affect in their song writing the band have managed to cause a small stir in the music scene based on their one microphone, bedroom recorded demos. Sets at In The City, Rockness, T In The Park and the Glasgow Film and Music festival have seen the band move on leaps and bounds. 2010 has seen them spent most of the year in studio preparing for an output of 3 releases in the second half of the year. They will have a limited edition tour EP of new recordings available for purchase only at the shows (20 copies).

The Seventeenth Century on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

It's been quite a few weeks for The Seventeenth Century. Announced for T In The Park, playing live sessions and festivals in Holland, playing Go North, recording a live session for the BBC at Rockness this weekend and achieving numerous plays on the Vic Galloway show. Here is a chance to see what all the fuss is about.

Katerwaul on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Based up North in Aberdeen, Katerwaul released their second album in 2009. After a brief hiatus the band soon discovered again why they started playing together. A return to form has recently seen them re-appear on the scene with a very well received support slot with long-term influence The Unwinding Hours. They also hold the record for most 45 A-Side Records Night appearances (4).

THIS SHOW IS HAPPENING AT THE 13TH NOTE, IT IS 5 POUNDS AND THE FIRST BAND IS ON AT 9PM SHARP.

2a9y6hl.jpg

If anyone is in Glasgow and fancies it, should be rather good.