aberdeen-music

name me pubs in aberdeen where covers bands perform

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Thought the Malt Mill had given up on bands, or did they change their minds?

Malt Mill still host DIY gigs - they don't have a PA system anymore. But it's free to hire, so long as you provide all your own gear etc :up:

Malt Mill still host DIY gigs - they don't have a PA system anymore. But it's free to hire, so long as you provide all your own gear etc :up:

Absolutely correct.

We had a great night there few weeks back. It was a "bring your own crowd" affair - plus a few randoms who came in off the street and from the bar upstairs

Dismantling the PA in the morning with raging hangover wasn't so great.

We intend having a charity gig for the Cancer Hospice there sometime in March.

If you can get enough people to come, it makes for a good night. My mates band, Blues Deluxe, did the same thing a few weeks earlier.

The Malt Mill are happy with 150+ wallets and purses emptying into the till for very little outlay,

Stadia, Beluga (every sat from feb), Globe, Drummonds, Tunnels, Moorings, Richmond Arms in Peterculter...

I think that in the context of that question your can delete The Moorings from that list. We have perhaps 3-4 tribute acts playing once-twice a year each, so max 8x a year from 200 performances. But I would class a covers band as being a very different beast from a tribute act. The odd band may throw in the odd cover or two but there are no covers bands playing The Moorings as such.

I think you can add The Schooner to the list though, they've had a couple recently.

Palace in Peterhead tends to have decend bands playing covers (fond memories of Snow Patrol and Cheap Trick :) ). The Unknowns are a decent band who do good covers - tend to play at Mambos, and marquees and stuff a lot over summer months. If you're looking for older/big mix of covers, Rock Solid are pretty good.

recently we've played; The Rusty Nail, The Tilted Wig, The Brigg Inn, The Four Mile, The Country Club (in bridge of don), The Parkway, The Mither Tap, Manofield Cricket Club, The Craigmile and a few private functions in the sticks in Ellon and surrounding villages.

Were they all completely ruined at the cricket club?

An aunt of mine seems to spend her retired life doing nothing but getting drunk there.