aberdeen-music

Wanted :: Double Bass :: Wanted

munkeh

probably want to spend a few hundred for a second hand bass, and understanding that you gets what you pays for. Have seen the Thomann basses, but thanks for the link anyway; the cheap ones are chinese built laminates, but not heard much about how they play or feel, so that's useful (negative!) feedback about your mate

If I cannot find a 2nd hand one, then it may be a new one from Stentor, but i'll keep on looking for a bit longer.

cheers

iain

but not heard much about how they play or feel, so that's useful (negative!) feedback about your mate's

its the only double bass i have attempted to play, so i was comparing how it was a bastard to play based upon playing electrics.

I'm sure thomann offer a 30 day no questions asked returns policy, if the goods are in resale condition if you don't like it you can send it back

it's totally different feeling from electric basses; it feels totally alien. Which makes it very hard to judge how good/bad a double bass is -- you don't have the frame of reference.

oh, and i did look in cash converters -- no double bass, but they did have one a few months back.

cheers