aberdeen-music

Is there any way to watch ITV as opposed to STV?

that was like a malnourished version of motd.

the match reporters announced who won the ties before they showed any action.

they barely touched on some interesting ties like chelsea-southend.

curbishley, earle and the anchorman hardly discussed any of the games. when they did, they said nothing insightful.

pretty weak.

Remember when BBC lost the rights to MOTD, and it was on ITV, called The Match, and it was on at 7:30pm for about 3 weeks before they realised everyone was watching the Generation Game or some shit at that time? What a joke. I bet Des Lynham is pressing refresh on the BBC Job vacancies section every day now.

I hate ITV's coverage. I wish all Champions League games were on Sky Sports, because Robbie Earl and Andy Townsend are absolutely bonkers. You can also watch any game you want on the night from all the CL games with the Red button. Amazing coverage. ITV can stick to their hour long specials of Corrie when someone dies or whatever.

oh goodness me i remember 'the match' it was pathetic even by ITV standards and the decision to put it on at 7-30 PM, another cracking idea I don't think so! you simply cannot take away football's sat night spiritual home (e.g. around 10-30PM) it was never going to work! They thought they got a real coup getting Des but he never looked comfortable on ITV.

The BBC have a knack of moulding ex footballers into good pundits. Shearer was woeful when he started out but I think he's pretty good now although carried a lot by lawro, hansen and linekar. Linekar when he started out was dreadful but he grew into the role and i couldn't imagine MOTD without him although Stubbs does a nae bad job whenever he fills in. Even the B team BBC players such as Keown and Dixon piss all over Earle and Townsend. And Adrian Chiles on MOTD 2 is an absolute legend.

And there is no excuse for giving Jim Rosnenthal employment ever!!!!

Best ex-footballer pundit = Shaka Hislop.

No joke. He works for ESPN and is incredibly eloquent and knowledgable. Who'd have thunk it.

Footytube.com - Latest Football Video Highlights | Latest football soccer Highlights, Videos, Live Football ... The ESPN round up of the year can be seen here.

ITV is utter pish. Linekar and hansen are great and I'm even a fan of Chiles but the rest can get to fuck.

Remember Tony Adam's brief stint as token gormless idiot?

For punditry, noone will ever beat the human spreadsheet that is Jeff Stelling!