aberdeen-music

Duran Duran - Van Halen - Iron Maiden A-HA Roxy Music Moody Blues Sabbath Chic Floyd

Dick Ed

Its hard to find members no matter what for some reason. I posted the other day basically saying "I play guitar and sing and I'll play or sing just about anything." and got 1 reply...

hmm...

x

Maybe it's because Aberdeen is not the centre of all things music...

you make it sound like listening to AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and Oasis is a bad thing, or if your a person that listens to such music is below your superior level.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing people who share my disgust of some of those bands. So if I fail to attract their fans I'm on the right track. Zeppelin, I don't mind. I like them but they're way overrated ... a subject I don't want to get into further on this thread anyway.

Call it superior or whatever but I like to think I have standards.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing people who share my disgust of some of those bands. So if I fail to attract their fans I'm on the right track. Zeppelin, I don't mind. I like them but they're way overrated ... a subject I don't want to get into further on this thread anyway.

Call it superior or whatever but I like to think I have standards.

But the only problem is....you mention A-HA in your list of favs ?(

I'm not being funny...but A-HA?? hardly up there with the "superior" bands out there o_O

Fans of A-ha include: U2, Morrissey, Leonard Cohen, Graham Nash, Pet Shop Boys, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Travis, Oasis. Members of Travis and Coldplay have backed A-HA's keyboardist on his solo album. Chris Martin's vocals are an attempt to copy Morten Harket's style. Coldplay have covered more than one A-ha song live. Martin has spoken of his love for A-HA's album Hunting high and low. Q, NME and other mags should be read with a pinch of salt.

YouTube - a-ha - Cosy Prisons: Video

Fans of A-ha include: U2, Morrissey, Leonard Cohen, Graham Nash, Pet Shop Boys, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Travis, Oasis. Members of Travis and Coldplay have backed A-HA's keyboardist on his solo album. Chris Martin's vocals are an attempt to copy Morten Harket's style. Coldplay have covered more than one A-ha song live. Martin has spoken of his love for A-HA's album Hunting high and low. Q, NME and other mags should be read with a pinch of salt.

YouTube - a-ha - Cosy Prisons: Video

Well, the very fact that Coldplay seem to be big fans tells me all i need to know. Chris Martin is so far up his own arse it's not even funny.

Anyway....you mention all these artists who are fans of A-HA, so i'm assuming that these endorsements are meant to suggest that A-HA are indeed a "good" "popular" "credible" band etc etc? You may or may not have a point.

I wonder how many famous artists are fans of the bands(Led Zep,AC/DC,Oasis,Nirvana etc) you mention with such distaste??

I'm pretty sure the likes of Led Zep have influenced far more rock/pop stars than A-HA, No?

Just a thought.:up:

Anyway....you mention all these artists who are fans of A-HA, so i'm assuming that these endorsements are meant to suggest that A-HA are indeed a "good" "popular" "credible" band etc etc?

I just thought the tactic may work on you. ;)

Who cares what the Zep fanboys think. :)

Its a well known fact that; A ha is the first line of the 'Laughing Policeman'. Post-Rio Duran only wrote one good song, the mighty 'All She Wants Is' but it was an immense riff, Chic were as gods. None of which makes Zep not good, but they aren't mandatory. Then again I saw some bird wearing spandex today at work and immediately thought, its Davina Lee Roth. Just say no to decade revivalism.