aberdeen-music

Guitar Rig

Dayeth

As far as I can see they mainly just continue to add more and more amp models, effects etc etc with each version. I can get Guitar Rig 2 for a decent price with the bonus that you can easily just get the software upgrade if you need to, the floor pedal hardware doesn't look a whole lot different... its just black in version 3.

I have Guitar Rig 2.

My verdict is.

Distortions and amp models are ok but tendency to get either a bit muddy or excessively trebbly depending on how you use them. When you learn how to tweak the settings better it becomes less of an issue.

The effects I generally do not rate that highly and tend not to use them in favour of other (many of which are legal free downloadable) effects.

The reverb and chorus is generally beaten in quality by the ones that come free with my DAW or free downloads.

It also eats up processing power in a big way, unlike any other VST plugin I have.

It works with some guitars really well and others not so well.

There is some stuff you can legally download for free such as, not tried any of it but it might be worth trying out.

Voxengo

Tubeamp download

Studio Devil Guitar Amp Plugin for VST, Audio Units, and ProTools RTAS!

I downloaded a DS-1 model from somewhere which seemed pretty decent as a source of distortion but I haven't actually used it on guitar yet, just messing around with other things. Can send you it on MSN if you want.