aberdeen-music

Chickenhawk

davidm

CHICKENHAWK arrive in Aberdeen on the 19th of February. More details to be confirmed within the next few days. If anyone fancies helping me out in anyway, a little bit of moneys/postering/whatever, please get in touch! I really want to carry on doing shows but cannot afford to put on the amount of bands I want to.

Any ideas for support will be considered!

MySpace.com - CHICKENHAWK - ALBUM OUT NOW NOW NOW - UK - Zouk / Idol / Shoegaze - www.myspace.com/chickenhawk

• 4 weeks later...

so...

CHICKENHAWK

Born 2004. Made songs. Recorded three songs in 2005. Demo released. Recorded two more songs in 2006. Split with I Breathe Spears and With Scissors released on Millipede Records. Recorded 12 songs from April - December 2007. Album released. Here endeth the history lesson.

Chickenhawk is a raging schizophrenic multi-personality disorder of an album. Insanely original and musically adept the four members have fashioned a UK sound that stands up to the heavy avant guard of Naked City and Mr. Bungle whilst also having the riffs and head-banging nature of Melvins and Harvey Milk.

LOADS OF REVIEWS HERE:

MySpace.com Blogs - Album Reviews - CHICKENHAWK - ALBUM AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW! MySpace Blog

CHICKENHAWK - ALBUM AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SECTA ROUGE

We are an band of 5 loud bastards based in Edinburgh, Scotland. We formed in early 2005 and since then have played lots of gigs across the UK, made some good friends and recorded 3 EPs. Our music is an intense, apocalyptic kind of math/noisecore with influences encompassing all kinds of experimental rock, post-hardcore, progressive rock, noise and jazz fusion. Our aim is to make good tunes that are heavy, diverse and original. We like to do stuff our own way and all like to play live as much as possible and party just as much.

In the last few years together we've played and toured alongside some shit hot bands including Zu, Ed Gein, Phoenix Bodies, Tombs, Blakfish, Meet Me in St Louis, Chickenhawk, Tangaroa, Planks, Action Beat, Mea Culpa, Belle Epoque, Chronicles of Adam West, TAWFAWW, With Scissors, D-Rail, and loads of others.

SECTA ROUGE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

with local support from UNCALM, WIFEBEATER and CAP SANTE! (tbc)

Uncalm (Demo download for free now!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

WIFEBEATER - LIVE TRACKS UP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cap Sant! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

PORTALS BAR

19TH of FEBRUARY

DOORS: 7.30PM

poster soon

dear qzdiablo,

thank you for your kind words. they are very much appreciated. i do hope that you're not putting on another gig this night. if not, enjoy whatever it is you're doing that isn't going to watch chickenhawk and feel your head moving unnaturally due to the sheer power of THE RIFF.

yours sincerely,

myself

l9517036172_7587.jpg

February 18th Huddersfield The Parish

February 19th Aberdeen Cellar 35

Feb 20th Edinburgh Henrys Cellar Bar w/Errander

Feb 21st Glasgow The Cassette w/Errander

March 6th Leeds Fenton w/Gentlemans Pistols and Errander

March 10th Liverpool Bar Fresa

March 28th British Wildlife Festival, Leeds

April 3rd TBC

April 4th Lincoln TBC