aberdeen-music

Druggies are dying

Scootray

the night when 3 junkies broke into my house was pretty scary, scared em off wi my torque wrench though.

Getting abuse such as "we're gunna burn yer hoose doon" to getting asked if you want copious amounts of drugs from them, which is only a ploy for them to bump you off so they can buy their drugs

i fucking hate junkies

junkies they arent to blame for the vicious circle of being brought up in enviroments where drug using is taking place, usually their mother/father took the drugs, so being brought up in an enviroment like that is "normal" to them.

i hate when i see innocent children with their junkie parents doon at costcutter, buying vodka and superking fags, when the kid comes up with a sweetie, then junie parents say no we canna afford it

sad i think they are going to grow up to be junkies

the night when 3 junkies broke into my house was pretty scary, scared em off wi my torque wrench though.

Getting abuse such as "we're gunna burn yer hoose doon" to getting asked if you want copious amounts of drugs from them, which is only a ploy for them to bump you off so they can buy their drugs

i fucking hate junkies

junkies they arent to blame for the vicious circle of being brought up in enviroments where drug using is taking place, usually their mother/father took the drugs, so being brought up in an enviroment like that is "normal" to them.

i hate when i see innocent children with their junkie parents doon at costcutter, buying vodka and superking fags, when the kid comes up with a sweetie, then junie parents say no we canna afford it

sad i think they are going to grow up to be junkies

my bad experiences makes me intolerable of junkies, i understand they arenae all the same but why should i like them

i work

they dont,

oh a junkie overdoses

paramedics wages, fuel for the ambulance, medication, a bed taken up, etc

all payed for buy us

why should we when they are taking the gamble with their life every time they inject

my bad experiences makes me intolerable of junkies, i understand they arenae all the same but why should i like them

i work

they dont,

oh a junkie overdoses

paramedics wages, fuel for the ambulance, medication, a bed taken up, etc

all payed for buy us

why should we when they are taking the gamble with their life every time they inject

Brilliant.

A nurse was telling me the other day about the time a junkie who had overdosed was brought into A&E. When they managed to resussitate him, he sat up and screamed at the nurses who had saved his life, that they had wasted his money!

Also, a friend who was in hospital earlier this year, was stuck in a ward with a junkie. The boyfriend of the junkie visited her constantly, passed "items" to her while kissing and if she didn't get her methodone exactly on time she would tear the place apart, throwing things and screaming at the nurses.

Yes, we should pity these people (sarcasm). If they've grown up in that environment then they know what happens!! Yes, seeing your parent sprawled out on the floor with a needle sticking out of their arm is such a positive experience. I can see why they would aspire to be a junkie when they grow up. "wow I want to look a mess, steal and neglect those around me for something that will end up killing me"

Don't be so bloody ridiculous, junkies are not people to pity. If they want help then yes, give them help but they shouldn't get to put the blame on their upbringing. I know plenty of people who have come from homes where drugs are used - they're not drug users.

It's the person's choice to become a heroin user, just like it is to drink large amounts of alcohol every day. You know what is going to happen so why do it? If you can't cope with your life, then get help with that.

Those people are scum, they get treated as if it's a disablity. Well it's not, they are well enough to break into people's houses or steal from their family to fund their habit.

On a general note, there seems to be a decrease in the amount of compassion and empathy that people feel for each other, that has disconcerting implications for the future of our species, an abhorrance felt for those who are at the bottom of the pile for differing reasons. In many ways it is a fear of what may overtake any one of us, I hope I never get treated in such a dehumanised way.

As for the catch all term 'drug', it is effectively meaningless. A huge amount of childrens teeth fall out each year due to massive drug consumption, but then sugar is a co-opted, permitted drug. A considerably smaller amount of adult teeth fall out, due to massive drug consumption, and this is taken as a sign of moral degeneracy, as amphetamine is NO LONGER a socially co-opted acceptable drug, although it would be again if there was a need for alert bomber pilots for example. Everyone takes a drug, or more, and the tiny fraction that do not, get high on self-righteousness.* which could release endorphins; a drug. Quasi-Moral posturing is neither effective or pretty.

On a general note, there seems to be a decrease in the amount of compassion and empathy that people feel for each other, that has disconcerting implications for the future of our species, an abhorrance felt for those who are at the bottom of the pile for differing reasons. In many ways it is a fear of what may overtake any one of us, I hope I never get treated in such a dehumanised way.

As for the catch all term 'drug', it is effectively meaningless. A huge amount of childrens teeth fall out each year due to massive drug consumption, but then sugar is a co-opted, permitted drug. A considerably smaller amount of adult teeth fall out, due to massive drug consumption, and this is taken as a sign of moral degeneracy, as amphetamine is NO LONGER a socially co-opted acceptable drug, although it would be again if there was a need for alert bomber pilots for example. Everyone takes a drug, or more, and the tiny fraction that do not, get high on self-righteousness.* which could release endorphins; a drug. Quasi-Moral posturing is neither effective or pretty.

Counting my lucky stars every time I come home to not finding my front door busted open and any possessions worth >= 20 down the pub gone really puts me in an empathetic mood.

Lack of empathy might be correlating nicely with a lack of people taking responsibility for their own actions?

Of course people are responsible for their own actions, just as people are the results of everything that has ever happened to them and all of their ancestors. Nothing happens in isolation.

Nothing will change until people redevelop backbones enough to think "yes, I did something wrong", acknowledge it then try to improve instead of looking for something/one else to blame for their woes when they do wrong. Then it might be a hand up in acknowledgement instead of one or two fingers in retort when I toot my horn at someone who has blatantly gone through a red light leaving me stranded in the middle of the road when I'm waiting to turn right.

Then they might find some empathy flowing their way, making it OK to make a mistake again because one doesn't get grief for pointing it out any more.

Hey, with enough toots they might put two and two together and stop at red lights.

PS. amber technically means stop too, but let's tackle one problem at a time, eh?

I don't give moeny to beggars because I hate them. And they always seem to have enough money for fags and booze. If I wanted to give them money, I'd do it out of my own accord, not because someone is mumbling "spare change" at me.

Go get a fucking job.

(If anyone tells me about the vicious circle, I don't care. Get a job.)

It's the person's choice to become a heroin user,

There is no such thing as free will. Get that out of your head! People's actions are determined by all manner of complex and connected events and scenarios. Maybe you should think about how certain laws and attitudes we hold towards drug-users may perpetuate the problem?

You can keep viewing others as irritants if you want but you will end up miserable, alone and hate-filled.

I don't give moeny to beggars because I hate them. And they always seem to have enough money for fags and booze. If I wanted to give them money, I'd do it out of my own accord, not because someone is mumbling "spare change" at me.

Go get a fucking job.

(If anyone tells me about the vicious circle, I don't care. Get a job.)

How can you get a job if you have no permanent address?! If you have no confidence? Skills? A chaotic lifestyle that means you have to see a million and one professionals and would find it difficult to keep to a routine? It's not a simple as 'get a job'.

I don't give money to beggars because I know 9 times out of 10 it'll be for drugs or alcohol. I'd buy them a cup of tea though.

So with you it's leave rationality, discussion and debate at the door ...why bother posting?

No, it's because I've heard that a million times before. People can get jobs if they try hard enough.

Possibly not now in this climate, but hey ho.

Then again, scummy people make a living out of begging, so maybe that's really a job in itself.

No point in pussy footing around with airy fairy rubbish.

• Upvote 1

There is no such thing as free will. Get that out of your head! People's actions are determined by all manner of complex and connected events and scenarios. Maybe you should think about how certain laws and attitudes we hold towards drug-users may perpetuate the problem?

Someone who is speaking some sense!

It's not as simple as...

1) Try heroin

2) Addicted to heroin

3) Steal to buy heroin

4) Decide to stop being an addict...

No, it's because I've heard that a million times before. People can get jobs if they try hard enough.

Possibly not now in this climate, but hey ho.

Then again, scummy people make a living out of begging, so maybe that's really a job in itself.

No point in pussy footing around with airy fairy rubbish.

I couldn't get a job for 4 months... and I definitely don't have a drug or alcohol problem. If it was bad enough for me add a heap of problems and then try and get a job.

Would you employ someone who couldn't provide references? Or be presentable? Or turn up on time in the morning?

No offence Scott, but not everything is as straightforward as you'd like it to be.

A nurse was telling me the other day about the time a junkie who had overdosed was brought into A&E. When they managed to resussitate him, he sat up and screamed at the nurses who had saved his life, that they had wasted his money!

Also, a friend who was in hospital earlier this year, was stuck in a ward with a junkie. The boyfriend of the junkie visited her constantly, passed "items" to her while kissing and if she didn't get her methodone exactly on time she would tear the place apart, throwing things and screaming at the nurses.

Yes, we should pity these people (sarcasm). If they've grown up in that environment then they know what happens!! Yes, seeing your parent sprawled out on the floor with a needle sticking out of their arm is such a positive experience. I can see why they would aspire to be a junkie when they grow up. "wow I want to look a mess, steal and neglect those around me for something that will end up killing me"

Don't be so bloody ridiculous, junkies are not people to pity. If they want help then yes, give them help but they shouldn't get to put the blame on their upbringing. I know plenty of people who have come from homes where drugs are used - they're not drug users.

It's the person's choice to become a heroin user, just like it is to drink large amounts of alcohol every day. You know what is going to happen so why do it? If you can't cope with your life, then get help with that.

Those people are scum, they get treated as if it's a disablity. Well it's not, they are well enough to break into people's houses or steal from their family to fund their habit.

I try not to go on personal attacks too much on this site, but you are clearly an absolute tool.

See all my and most reasonable peoples previous posts about how your upbringing and social situation effects it and how different people react. Kimy also hit the nail on the head. You think you have an idea what you're on about 'cos some Nurse told you a scary anecdote? You clearly know fuck all.

Tremendous ignorance. I'm appaled and shocked in equal measures. (not sarcasm)