aberdeen-music

Acoustic guitar strings

Kaizen

I prefer D'Addario over Martin because they feel smoother and are generally brighter sounding.

The Elixirs are very much the "marmite" strings. I prefer the other strings because they don't feel as artificial as the Elixirs (though it was more the polyweb than the nanoweb coated versions that this was evident on).

Price may sway you I dunno:-

Martin Bronze - 5.25

Martin Phosphor Bronze - 5.75

D'Addario Phosphor Bronze - 7.45

Elixir - 16.95.

:)

Use a Micrometer.

Yeah you get twice the life from Elixirs. Twice the price so benefit in that aspect.

I just prefer the D'Adds personally :laughing:

Thing is though, to be honest, if it's a cheap guitar, Elixirs do the best job of making it sound better, but on a higher quality instrument I find that the D'Adds and Martins do as well/better at this. :)

Went with the martins. Mostly due do monetary problems. However, I've got a bit of a problem.

Most of the strings have the really nice bright metallic kinda sound that i like except my D string. It sounds kinds dull... cant notice it when strumming but playing anything else, where the string is played on its own, its kinda obvious. Funnily enough, If i use my capo on the 3rd fret or higher, it sounds much brighter. I'm thinking its just my guitar being crap...