aberdeen-music

Clarinet for sale

Reuben

I was given this clarinet a while back to find that a few of the pads don't work and never got round to getting it fixed.

I'm not really motivated to learn it so I thought I'd chuck it on here and see if anyone's interested. It's in Bb and as far as a know is a pre-1936 military clarinet. The print says V.K.S Trademark Chicago, ARI's.

l_138224c12b83411c9df3446af0bc213d.jpg

l_5deec661d846411eb40d54c1cb778008.jpg

l_096aa4e77c3c41bfa3a2dcc43afdf12f.jpg

Yeah it's still for sale, I was about to put it on ebay though so let me know if you're interested. As I said a few of the pads need fixed so you would need to take it to get repaired. I'm not looking for much at all for it, say 30.

Oh and it has a carry case, and I'll throw in some spare reeds.

• 3 weeks later...

I took this clarinet to an expert and he said he can get it playable again for about 50 - it needs re-padded. However I can't really ever see myself learing to play the darn thing so I'm willing to sell it on again for the 20 I paid for it like 3 weeks ago.

I can also add that it's pre 1920 (which is when they changed to a more modern fingering system) and it's made by a Czech company called V. Kohlert's Sons who moved to Germany after the war.

So yeah, 20 and it's yours. Drop me a PM for more info.