aberdeen-music

Cobra Kai require 2nd guitarist

Lemonade

Hi,

Due to the departure of guitarist this month, we are now searching for a second guitarist. We are currently playing as a three piece and fully functional, but are looking for someone to pad the sound out a bit, it'll be mostly lead parts, the odd solo and a bit of riffage.

About us: We've been playing together for about a year, and played 8 gigs so far in the city since our first in May. We've just finished recording our first EP which will be released in January. Our sound is like a more polished version of grunge - we often get compared with Muse. We've got about 10 songs finished and a few more in the pipeline.

About you: You should be a competent guitarist and able to come up with some interesting lead parts. It's easy stuff, no crazy shredding or anything. You must be committed- we don't ask for much, we practice one evening a week for three hours, and we want someone who is going to take the time to work on the songs at home - this is essential. We'll get up to speed a lot quicker if you work on the songs a bit on your own time instead of leaving it all for the weekly practice. We would like somebody who is able to sing vocal harmony however this is not essential. Age and sex is not important - but for the record we are all male, age ranges from late twenties to mid thirties.

Please have a listen to our stuff on MySpace.com - Cobra Kai - new tracks online! - Aberdeen, UK - Grunge / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/cobrakairock and if you are interested please send me a PM or email cobrakairock@googlemail.com

Thanks for reading.

Lucky off of Cobra Kai :up:

how do you feel about a 50 year old who is trying hard not to have a mid life crisis involving young girls and sports cars....................looked at your stuff last week.....thought don't be ridiculous.......looked again and thought ..Why not ???

Thanks to those who have shown interest so far. I will be in touch with everyone over the next couple of weeks to arrange a time to come and have a jam with us. If anyone else still wants a shout it's not too late, drop me a PM or reply in this thread and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Lucky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who got in touch, but we now have someone in place. Sorry if you got in touch and we didn't get back to you about a try out - we didn't mean to be rude, but we've had so many people contact us we just couldn't possibly try everybody out. It would have taken us months to go through everybody. So please accept our apologies and thanks for your interest, but we no longer need a guitarist.

Thanks to everyone who got in touch, but we now have someone in place. Sorry if you got in touch and we didn't get back to you about a try out - we didn't mean to be rude, but we've had so many people contact us we just couldn't possibly try everybody out. It would have taken us months to go through everybody. So please accept our apologies and thanks for your interest, but we no longer need a guitarist.

Is it Paul?

It is Paul. Are you familiar with the Man of Doom?

Ah, thats great news.

I am, I am.

What a guy, great guitarist. He'll be chuffed, I was round at his last weekend and he was waiting to hear back from you guys, on pins and needles. I shall have to ring him up and congratulate him.