aberdeen-music

Cover band of the year

Laura

has anyone heard of blues deluxe?

interested what people think... coz... we booked them up... and me personally- i havent heard them yet... o_O

Yep - Andi Watson is a good friend of mine and is the finest guitarist in these parts (or any other for that matter).

He's put together a cracking band there. If he's as good as his word, my band may well have the honour of supporting them some time in the New Year -which is good strategy on his part, as the audience will have used up all the rotten fruit and veg on us by the time they get on!

Seriously - a top blues/rock/funk band.

This thread makes me slightly ill. There's no such thing as 'best' covers band, surely? Maybe, 'least repellent', at a push...

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Personally, I'm not into the whole dress-up-like-Angus-and-play-it-like-the-album thing, but there is a place for guys like us who just want to play songs we like (all the better if the audience like it too!) - it's called "The Pub"

And we don't expect plaudits for it - those who turned up to our last gig enjoyed themselves and so did we - job done!

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Personally, I'm not into the whole dress-up-like-Angus-and-play-it-like-the-album thing, but there is a place for guys like us who just want to play songs we like (all the better if the audience like it too!) - it's called "The Pub"

And we don't expect plaudits for it - those who turned up to our last gig enjoyed themselves and so did we - job done!

No offence meant. Maybe it's just me, but I just have a completely rational hatred of covers bands, that's all...

No offence meant. Maybe it's just me, but I just have a completely rational hatred of covers bands, that's all...

Why? Also, 'hatred' is a pretty strong word to use. I can understand someone saying they hate to see people dying due to war and hunger etc. However just because a band plays music by someone else........!

Don't worry, they must be good if they made your joint favourite cover band of the year.

Haven't heard them much live - my fault....

Andi and they guys were in tonight, and i got to play with their demo cd for a while... Brilliant, man!

And for all cover band haters- i'd so much rather listen to people who take an ok song and make something pretty special out of it than some bands playing their own stuff that is more or less painful....

At the end of the day those people do what they love, and if they are lucky enough (im not) to play a guitar for a living they can't be that shit, can they...?