aberdeen-music

Edinburgh people? Keytar based pop/dance/rock band?

Fraser Shredwards

Okay so i just moved to Edinburgh for a music degree. I spent a ridiculous sum of money on a Roland AX-1(keytar) and think it would be cool to play it in a band.

I've been writing dance/pop music for a few years and have a number of songs that could be used in a band. I think it would be cool to have two or 3 keytarists, a singer, drummer and a guitarist. I kind of picture this band playing dance/ happy hardcore style pop music and somehow getting into the mainstream pop or dance charts due to the keytar niche and awesome songs i've written and will write.

I can send MIDI files of songs i've written if your interested

Is there even any other keytar players out there?

acht leave him be! If the Cartoons can make the charts, anyone can. Hope it goes well for you. You just might have problems finding people from edinburgh on aberdeen-music.com. The only edinburgh based music forum i know of is for like hardcore etc so i cant help you out there.

Most people think its either the best or most appalling idea they've ever heard.

just want something totally original that people will rememeber. Keyboards are pretty much the only way to successful play dance music live. And i mean properly LIVE not just pressing play on a CD player or sampler. So keytars just make things look cooler, or gayer, its an aquired taste.

Most people think its either the best or most appalling idea they've ever heard.

just want something totally original that people will rememeber. Keyboards are pretty much the only way to successful play dance music live. And i mean properly LIVE not just pressing play on a CD player or sampler. So keytars just make things look cooler, or gayer, its an aquired taste.

You'll want to check out these guys MySpace.com - freezepop - ALLSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - Electro / Indie / Pop - www.myspace.com/freezepop