aberdeen-music

What'd you get?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend got me a remote control helicopter. Win! I've reverted back to childhood and am proclaiming this to be best christmas ever based solely on this gift.

SNAP!

oh my god they're amazing! Is it the one thats camoflage coloured and has two rotors? The remote control charges its batteries?

SNAP!

oh my god they're amazing! Is it the one thats camoflage coloured and has two rotors? The remote control charges its batteries?

I think so. The remote charges it anyway! But it appears to be made of polystyrene. Advanced! :laughing:

I was pretty sure I'd broken it within about two minutes of first trying it out. Turns out I'm just a shit pilot.

I think so. The remote charges it anyway! But it appears to be made of polystyrene. Advanced! :laughing:

I was pretty sure I'd broken it within about two minutes of first trying it out. Turns out I'm just a shit pilot.

Yeah, mines went a bit "Colin MacRae" and crashed into my neighbours garden.

My main gift this year was a lino sample that my parents had got from a flooring place and then painted on it that it was an IOU for new lino for my kitchen. My mum likes to give practical gifts but be imaginative with it. I was really pleased, I love practical gifts these days and the kitchen still has the manky carpet that was there when I moved in. Other great presents included ear muffs, the Russell Howard DVD, 5 bags of chocolate coins (all from different people o_O), an alarm clock and a set of darts.

Jukebox, a new acoustic guitar, some cd's and tickets to ACDC in Amsterdam :up:

Bloody Nora, that's a fair amount!

I spent most of yesterday playing with one of the aforementioned toy helicopters- bastard thing tends to spin uncontrollably before hitting the roof and crashing to the floor. Good times.

A Boss Tremolo pedal. Extras series 2 on DVD. Camper Van slippers (they rock!). A couple of books. A massive tray of retro sweeties (highland toffee, love hearts, bubblies, sherbet fountain etc). Some aftershave. A t-shirt and a Bench jumper. A Ted Baker grooming set. A build it yourself model of a camper van. An electric shaver. Some chocolate santas. A rubber duck.

A Boss Tremolo pedal. Extras series 2 on DVD. Camper Van slippers (they rock!). A couple of books. A massive tray of retro sweeties (highland toffee, love hearts, bubblies, sherbet fountain etc). Some aftershave. A t-shirt and a Bench jumper. A Ted Baker grooming set. A build it yourself model of a camper van. An electric shaver. Some chocolate santas. A rubber duck.

Do you like camper vans then?

Or is someone insinuating that you are camp?

Do you like camper vans then?

Or is someone insinuating that you are camp?

I am a fan of the camper van, and also the original Beetle. I've never had the cash flow to own one of the money-hoovering bastards, but I do plan to, one day. It's gotta be a slpit screen though. Like so.

1962_VW_camper1.jpeg

my mate bought one once and just let it sit and go rusty. One of my exes had a Beetle as well.

vw_beetle.jpg

Every time I see a Beetle I take a picture of it. Saaaaaaaad.

My folks are paying for my flights for a long weekend in Amsterdam in the New Year, so that was the bulk of it. Also got Skull Candy headphones, Tegan and Sara - The Con, new Bill Bailey DVD, a zippo lighter, an alarm clock, a homemade bracelet with card suits on it, bottle of Sailor Jerrys (complete with ginger beer and a couple of limes...nom nom nom) and some cashmere socks. Because otherwise it just ain't Christmas.