aberdeen-music

How to burn DVD from DivX

Guest Hobo

I have just backed up my dvd collection to divx, i've done this before a few years ago but using clone cd. Is there a way/program to burn divx directly to a dvd without having to convert back from divx to vob?

just burn the dvd as a data dvd. Only problems is that it will only play on machines that support divx and you won't have the chapters.

This is not what im looking for, has to be playable on a normal dvd player, but thanks anyway

This is not what im looking for, has to be playable on a normal dvd player, but thanks anyway

Yeah but Not all dvd players play divx so your kinda asking the impossible im afraid.....Tell me though lol when you were backing up your DVD collection why oh why did you turn them all into divx? and how long did that take you to do lol.....I cant work out why if you were backing them up did you (a) convert them to divx..And (b) why as soon as you have backed them up from dvd to divx do you now require them to work in your dvd player....Just use the originals you copied from....

But if you have downloaded movies and you need with that,,,,,Well thats a dfrent matter lol..

In argos you can buy a dvd player that will play avi's,wmv's,mp3,dvd,divx etc etc.....Best of it is you can pick one up for like 40 these days....Meaning you never need to d/l 4g files every again :p

Yeah but Not all dvd players play divx so your kinda asking the impossible im afraid.....Tell me though lol when you were backing up your DVD collection why oh why did you turn them all into divx? and how long did that take you to do lol.....I cant work out why if you were backing them up did you (a) convert them to divx..And (b) why as soon as you have backed them up from dvd to divx do you now require them to work in your dvd player....Just use the originals you copied from....

But if you have downloaded movies and you need with that,,,,,Well thats a dfrent matter lol..

In argos you can buy a dvd player that will play avi's,wmv's,mp3,dvd,divx etc etc.....Best of it is you can pick one up for like 40 these days....Meaning you never need to d/l 4g files every again :p

Cheers, may pop down to argos for the sales.

Reason I backed up to Divx was because I have a DivX capable phillips dvd player which apparently doesn't want to work anymore ?(

I know some programs will let you drag and drop AVI files(nero) which can be burned as a normal DVD movie and Was wondering if it can do DivX too or a similar program which can