aberdeen-music

Cheesy Punk @ The Tunnels

Inkster

THURSDAY 5TH FEBRUARY sees the launch of Cheesy Punk at The Tunnels. A fine blend of punk anthems and chart hits to get your weekend started early.

This night will occur on the 1st and 3rd thursday of each month - 5th and 19th Feb, 5th and 19th March, 2nd and 16th Apr and so on...

Expect to hear the likes of the following on any given night:

28 Days, A, A Small Victory, AFI, AC/DC, The Academy Is, Adequate 7, Alien Ant Farm, Alkaline Trio, All, All American Rejects, Allister, Andrew WK, Anti-Flag, Aqua, Aquabats, Arctic Monkeys, Armor For Sleep, Ash, Ashlee Simpson, At The Drive In, The Ataris, Avoid The Morning, Bad Religion, Barenaked Ladies, Beastie Boys, Billy Idol, Billy Talent, Black Eyed Peas, Blink 182, Bloc Party, Blondie, Blur, Boston, Bouncing Souls, Brand New, Britney Spears, Busted, Captain Everything!, Catch 22, The Clash, Coheed and Cambria, Cypress Hill, Dead Prez, Del Amitri, The Descendents, The Distillers, Dizzee Rascal, Do Me Bad Things, Dodgy, Dropkick Murphys, Dum Dums, The Early November, Edgar Prais, The Editors, Electric Six, Everclear, The Exit, Failsafe, Fallout Boy, Farse, Fastlane, Feeder, Fenix Tx, Fightstar, Four Year Strong, 5ive, FM Static, The Format, Foo Fighters, Fountains of Wayne, The Futureheads, Girls Aloud, Goldfinger, Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Hanson, Head Automatica, Hellogoodbye, The Hives, Hit The Lights, Hot Hot Heat, Hot Water Music, Houston Calls, Hundred Reasons, Idlewild, Incubus, The Jam, Jimmy Eat World, Jurrasic 5, Kaiser Chiefs, Kanye West, The Killers, Kings of Leon, The Kinks, Less Than Jake, Lightyear, Lit, The Little Kicks, The Living End, Lostprophets, M.I.A, Madness, The Maple State, Mayday Parade, McFly, Me First And The Gimmie Gimmies, Michael Jackson, Midtown, Millencolin, Million Dead, Motion City Soundtrack, The Movielife, Mxpx, My Awesome Compilation, My Chemical Romance, The Network, New Found Glory, New Radicals, No Doubt, NOFX, The Offspring, Ok Go, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Pendleton, Pennywise, PJ and Duncan, The Postal Service, Prince, Queen, Queens of The Stone Age, Ramones, Rancid, RHCP, Reef, Relient K, The Reunion Show, Rise Against, The Riverclub, The Rocket Summer, Rodney P, Rufio, Saves The Day, Set your Goals, Sonic Boom 6, The Spin Doctors, Spitalfield, The Starting Line, The Strokes, Sugarbabes, Sugarcult, Sum 41, Sunny Day Real Estate, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, Thursday, TIM G Mash-ups, Transplants, The Used, Valencia, Vengaboys, Weezer, The X-certs, Yellowcard.

There will be a few drinks promos thrown in and it's only THREE POUNDS entry.

The launch night on February 5th will be the OFFICIAL BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AFTERSHOW with anyone with a ticket from the gig gaining free entry.

Poster to follow soon...

:up:

• 3 weeks later...
So nothing at all really to do with 'punk' and pretty much a Mudd Club style varied playlistin Tunnels??? Not that I find that idea offensive but you are setting yourself up for misleading folk...

How so? Would you rather I stuck The Rezillos and The Damned on the flyer instead? Cheesy as in cheesy pop music and punk as in punk music. Quite self explanatory really ?(

Half the bands you listed fit into neither category as far as I can see but good luck with the venture.

I can see what you're gettin at with the likes of the indie bands mentioned in the list or whoever else is in the list but thanks for the comments. Hopefully you'll come along to a few :up:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Glad you enjoyed it!

You should've come over and said hi cos I'm not sure who you are.

See you at the next one on the 19th!

:up:

19th eh? It's on.

Depending on who you were, I might well have. I was the guy in the blue shirt with the glasses and beard that danced ridiculously to Boys of Summer. I spent the night at the bar with a guy with a black hat on and Mike from Beyond. Which one were you?

19th eh? It's on.

Depending on who you were, I might well have. I was the guy in the blue shirt with the glasses and beard that danced ridiculously to Boys of Summer. I spent the night at the bar with a guy with a black hat on and Mike from Beyond. Which one were you?

White hoodie was me