aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Music Agony Uncle

GraemeC

Dear Uncle G,

A while back i bought a new guitar, although i was jolly pleased with it, i thought the neck pick up with no coil taps sounded a little mushy.

Now some 6 months have passed, and with all effects and amp in the same settings i find the sound pretty decent. What do you think has happened? Has my hearing changed? Have the pick ups improved with age?

Dear Uncle G,

A while back i bought a new guitar, although i was jolly pleased with it, i thought the neck pick up with no coil taps sounded a little mushy.

Now some 6 months have passed, and with all effects and amp in the same settings i find the sound pretty decent. What do you think has happened? Has my hearing changed? Have the pick ups improved with age?

There is a school of thought that says that due to pickups relying on their magnets to shape the sound then as the magnetic field changes with age the sound changes accordingly....

I think that as you play guitar it fucks up your hearing and the sound of the guitars stays the same....

Dear Uncle G,

I went out running today in an effort to try and lead a more active lifestyle. However I only managed about 15 minutes before extreme nausea set in- when I got home I sat for half an hour trying not to be sick. Should I integrate this into my morning routine, or just sod it, eat more shit and start smoking?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Dear Uncle G,

I went out running today in an effort to try and lead a more active lifestyle. However I only managed about 15 minutes before extreme nausea set in- when I got home I sat for half an hour trying not to be sick. Should I integrate this into my morning routine, or just sod it, eat more shit and start smoking?

Can I just step in here and suggest that eating faeces might explain your feelings of nausia in the first place

There is a school of thought that says that due to pickups relying on their magnets to shape the sound then as the magnetic field changes with age the sound changes accordingly....

I think that as you play guitar it fucks up your hearing and the sound of the guitars stays the same....

neato!

thanks uncle G, another satisfied customer.... :up:

Dear Uncle G,

I once saw my doctor eating a pie and drinking beer in a pub... this fine example has seen me alright for many years now

• 1 month later...
In an earlier thread I asked about changing from gauge 8 up to gauge 9 strings. I have be working away with 9s for a while now and feeling quite good about it.

So much so that I feel Im now ready to really go macho and grow a beard. What should I go for, a full beard, or a goatee?

You play guitar and have just worked up to 9's......

Trust me you are not ready for the world of beards....!!!

• 1 year later...

Uncle G,

I think my wife fancies Mr Bingo Fox. What should I do? Should I kill the nasty fox and attach his tail to the whip lash arial on my 1600E Grey Ford Cortina as a warning to other foxy bastards to stay clear?

Also, my 8 track in the Cortina is showing signs of age. Do you think I should get a new cassette player instead. Will I get Sidney Devine cassettes to replace my 8 track ones?

Uncle G,

I think my wife fancies Mr Bingo Fox. What should I do? Should I kill the nasty fox and attach his tail to the whip lash arial on my 1600E Grey Ford Cortina as a warning to other foxy bastards to stay clear?

Also, my 8 track in the Cortina is showing signs of age. Do you think I should get a new cassette player instead. Will I get Sidney Devine cassettes to replace my 8 track ones?

I think this is a trick question... you've been given the job of catching me out because its over a year since my services were last required... I'll deal with this enquiry like this...

Bestiallity and Fox hunting are illegal

The Ford Cortina 1600E was never available in grey... ironicly the nearest colour to grey was Silver FOX

As you well know I am currently selling my entire Sidney Devine signed back catalogue on cassette as I have now replaced them all with these new fangled compact discs... Hello 20th century!!