aberdeen-music

All-dayer @ Cellar 35

davidm

As part of Wifebeater's April UK tour, I'm putting on an all-dayer on the 4th of April for our Aberdeen date.

Bands so far are:

Magpyes - raging obscenely quick grind from Manchester/Leeds; think Pig Destroyer meets Agoraphobic Nosebleed. With an actual drummer as well...

MySpace.com - Magpyes - Leeds/Manchester, UK - Grindcore - www.myspace.com/themagpyes

MAFAFI - hardcore punk from Perth, in the vein of Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys, Gorilla Biscuits and more.

MySpace.com - MAFAFI (New Tracks up!!!!!!!) - Perth, UK - Hardcore / Punk / Grindcore - www.myspace.com/mafafi

Secta Rouge - spazzy, stupidly techy hardcore from Edinburgh with a sense of humour. For fans of Dillinger Escape Plan, huge riffs, System of a Down and 70's prog.

MySpace.com - SECTA ROUGE - Edinburgh, Scotland - Experimental / Other / Hardcore - www.myspace.com/sectarouge

Deadloss Superstar - local hard rocking heroes. not much introduction needed.

MySpace.com - Deadloss Superstar - UK, UK - Rock / Punk / Metal - www.myspace.com/deadlosssuperstar

Greater the Shadow (TBC) - post-rockers influenced by mogwai, 65 days of static, my bloody valentine and more.

MySpace.com - Greater The Shadow - aberdeen(shire), UK - Rock / Ambient / Other - www.myspace.com/greatertheshadowmakemusic

Ablach - local grind outfit featuring members of Bonesaw, ex-Filthpact. a cross between Napalm Death and Terrorizer.

MySpace.com - Ablach - Aberdeen / Obar Dheathain, UK - Grindcore / Punk / Metal - www.myspace.com/ablach

Wifebeater - hardcore punk along the lines of Discharge, Minor Threat and Netjajev SS

MySpace.com - Wifebeater - Aberdeen, UK - Punk - www.myspace.com/wifebeaterpunk

more bands to be confirmed in time, more details to come soon.

4th April 2009

Cellar 35

probably a fiver

doors probably about 5/6pm

more tbc when I know more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now playing as well:

Bin Laden's Daughter - old-school punks from Moray with added political ranting from a very angry man in an orange jumpsuit. imagine the sound of The Ramones and Dead Kennedys with a hilarious social commentary as well.

MySpace.com - Bin Ladens Daughter - Moray, UK - Punk / Punk / Punk - www.myspace.com/binladensdaughter1

Spectral Fairground - a one-man sonic exploration. Garbled vocals, fused electronics and much more will push minds to the limit.

MySpace.com - Spectral Fairground - Aberdeen, UK - Visual / Trance / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/spectralfairground

Possibly one more band to be confirmed although I do expect bands to drop out, so who knows????

now playing as well:

Bin Laden's Daughter - old-school punks from Moray with added political ranting from a very angry man in an orange jumpsuit. imagine the sound of The Ramones and Dead Kennedys with a hilarious social commentary as well.

MySpace.com - Bin Ladens Daughter - Moray, UK - Punk / Punk / Punk - www.myspace.com/binladensdaughter1

Spectral Fairground - a one-man sonic exploration. Garbled vocals, fused electronics and much more will push minds to the limit.

MySpace.com - Spectral Fairground - Aberdeen, UK - Visual / Trance / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/spectralfairground

Possibly one more band to be confirmed although I do expect bands to drop out, so who knows????

I think my Dad knows someone in Bin Laden's Daughter. I wonder if this will tempt him along for this show...

everyone's favourite metal boy band, SWORDMASTER, have been added to the bill. line-up now looks like

Secta Rouge

MAFAFI

Magpyes (tbc)

Swordmaster

Bin Laden's Daughter

Spectral Fairground

Ablach

Wifebeater

Greater the Shadow (tbc)

Waiting to hear back from two other bands and then the line-up should be fine. more information soon!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
If it's a gig that involves Secta Rouge, I'll be there come hell or highwater

And another thing, your circle of friends is about to increase. All will be revealed...

this is now at cellar 35

line up as is stands is this:

Jesus of Spazzareth

MAFAFI

Swordmaster

Magpyes

Secta Rouge

Ablach

Wifebeater

Spectral Fairground

Bin Laden's Daughter

Greater the Shadow (tbc)

CELLAR 35

Doors @ 4pm

4th April

one band more left to confirm, but if it comes off i believe this will be a very good gig indeed.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
she said everything will be fine as long as people are nice and respectful of the place, pretty much.

Uh-oh...

Da punx can stop having kittens now that the venue is confirmed.