aberdeen-music

THE FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2009 - Feb @ The Lemon Tree

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
i think it's good because of the quality of the sound, the sound engineers have always been fantastic in my experience, and the times i've played there myself, the sound is always crystal on stage. but ach, the lemon tree is just as good

Agree with all that. Great sound, really good sound engineers, friendly staff, and they bring some brilliant acts to Aberdeen, and have given some cracking support slots to local bands when they can.

It obviously has its downsides, like the sticky floor and the stinking toilets, but I'm merely nominating Moshulu as best venue, and the vote shall decide who the winner is.

I'd probably nominate all the venues in Aberdeen for that matter...

first act confirmed!

all the way from Auld Reekie, fresh from supporting Clutch, second album heading your way next month, and one of Fudge's favourite bands...

THE TYRANT LIZARD KINGS

MySpace.com - The Tyrant Lizard Kings: New Album - 09/02/09 - EDINBURGH, UK - Rock - www.myspace.com/tyrantlizardkings

Dancer!!!!!! Just speaking about them the other day and when they would be playing the 'deen next:up:

aye, they appear to be all guns blazing right now. they'll be onstage between the awards sections. i think. and god help the first idiot that chucks a plastic pint glass at big chris... :)

SO! it's time for me to get the Random-Name-And-Random-Genre-Nomination machine out of the cupboard then, i guess.

the first poll will be with you all soon.

the first of this years polls have gone up:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/fudgenet/53485-best-venue-2009-poll-fudge-awards.html

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/fudgenet/53486-best-international-act-2009-poll-fudge-awards.html

please remember that votes cast at Fudge gigs/clubnights will be added to the votes cast in these polls in order to arrive at our winner. so winning an online poll won't automatically mean you've won the award :)

I always ask to get on the guestlist - but never do, but I dinna care as lang as I can play groovy tunes on the wheels of steel for a wee while or wander aimlessly around in a drunken stupor whilst wearing unsuitable attire .

How about a theme? - I do like putting on the suit and looking all handsome and tasty, but something like an octopus or Elvis the Dalek would liven up the proceedings -AHA -I just remembered -the Boosh folk gave me some stuff -he he he I canna wait, cheers Biz .

PS - can I get on the guesty?, or DJ?

sorry, this is a well late reply to the original post but BANDS THAT DON'T COME FROM ABERDEEN: le reno amps????

ok, they may have moved and added two to their lineup but they are still from aberdeen...

i can't count the amount of times i saw those guys here, in their hometown...

we're all about the controvesy :)

i'm actually astonished at how little fighting there's been on these polls this year... amazed... (and not a little disappointed)