aberdeen-music

THE FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2009 - Feb @ The Lemon Tree

The Ghost Of Fudge

The ninth annual Fudge Local Music Awards Shindig will be held at the Lemon Tree on Friday 13th February 2009.

More details to follow. And several polls ('fraid so).

If you'd like to nominate a band for consideration for an award, post in this thread. Preferably with a link, if you can be arsed.

Here are this years categories, with a list of nominations already received to get you thinking:

BEST BAND - Copy Haho, The Little Kicks, The Marionettes ...?

BEST LIVE ACT - ...?

BEST NEWCOMER - Avoid The Morning, Y Change Costume, Molineux, Velvet Audio, Cobra Kai, Dead Metal, The Locals ...?

BEST 'ROCK' BAND - Deadloss Superstar, Copy Haho, Kashmir Red, X-Certs, Cobra Kai, Downfall, Short Notice, Snake Temple Kings ...?

BEST 'PUNK' BAND - The Upstarts, 10 Easy Wishes, The Hijacks ...?

BEST 'INDIE' BAND - Edgar Prais, Cast of the Capital, The X-Certs, Kartta, 10 Easy Wishes, The Underkills, Amy Sawyer, The Little Kicks ...?

BEST 'EXTREME' BAND - Karloff, We Shall Be Blessed, Ablach, Kitchen Cynics, My Minds Weapon, Element 106, Thrashist Regieme, Bonesaw, PVH ...?

MOST METAL OF METAL - Bloodnut, My Mind's Weapon, Downfall, Emeritus ...?

BEST OF THE REST - Captain Face, Greater the Shadow, Katerwaul, Kitchen Cynics, Rescue Party, Kathryn Sawyers, Hot Mangu, Son Henry, Oxbow Lake Orchestra, My Minds Weapon, Paul Thain (One True Onion), Liars Dice, Kashmir Red, Fiona Keenan ...?

WORST BAND - Vesuvian, Estrella, Richoshay ...?

MOST MISSED - The Maternal Bum Bond Connexion, No Pasaran, Dr Drakes, Moshulu ("It isn't what it used to be like or something along those lines..."), Flight 19, Black Atom, Eddison, The Garcias ...?

BEST VENUE - Moorings, Tunnels ...?

BEST 'INTERNATIONAL' ACT (for bands that don't come from Aberdeen) - Daedalian, Le Reno Amps, Apes IQ, Certain Death, Coholic, Serpico, Rodan ...?

MOST PUNCHABLE SCENESTER - Cloud ...?

merry xmas everybody!

i'll just nominate the ones i'm interested in, no point in nominating in a category i doint know anything about:

best band: copy haho

best live band: edgar prais

best newcomer: velvet audio

best rock band: hot mangu

best indie: edgar prais

best of the rest: captain face

best venue: the tunnels

best international: rodan

BEST BAND - eric euan

BEST LIVE ACT - Thrashist Regime

BEST NEWCOMER - Hidden Leaves

BEST 'ROCK' BAND - eric euan

BEST 'PUNK' BAND - 10 Easy Wishes

BEST 'INDIE' BAND - Karta

BEST 'EXTREME' BAND - Thrashist Regime

MOST METAL OF METAL - Thrashist Regime

BEST OF THE REST - Hidden Leaves

MOST MISSED - Black Atom

BEST VENUE - Moorings of course

BEST 'INTERNATIONAL' ACT (for bands that don't come from Aberdeen) - Indafusion

HB

BEST BAND - The Little Kicks

BEST LIVE ACT - Edgar Prais

BEST NEWCOMER - Hidden Leaves

BEST 'ROCK' BAND - Short Notice

BEST 'PUNK' BAND - 10 Easy Wishes

BEST 'INDIE' BAND - The Little Kicks

BEST 'EXTREME' BAND -

MOST METAL OF METAL -

BEST OF THE REST - Kashmir Red

MOST MISSED -

BEST VENUE - Drummonds

BEST 'INTERNATIONAL' ACT (for bands that don't come from Aberdeen) - Le Reno Amps

Guest idol_wild

BEST BAND - It's obvious who'll win this; Copy Haho all the way. But they won't turn up to collect the award. Can Fudge afford a video-link?

BEST LIVE ACT - We Shall Be Blessed

BEST NEWCOMER - Y Change Costume

BEST 'ROCK' BAND - Katerwaul

BEST 'PUNK' BAND - Y Change Costume

BEST 'INDIE' BAND - Copy Haho

BEST 'EXTREME' BAND - PVH

MOST METAL OF METAL - Ashley Park

BEST OF THE REST - Greater the Shadow

WORST BAND - Bloodnut

MOST MISSED - No Pasaran

BEST VENUE - If Snafu provided some semblance of a basic in-house backline, it'd get my vote. But it doesn't, so it's The Tunnels all the way.

BEST 'INTERNATIONAL' ACT (for bands that don't come from Aberdeen) - can that mean any band in the whole world? Or must there be an affiliation with Aberdeen or Fudge?

MOST PUNCHABLE SCENESTER - I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Guest idol_wild
no pasaran don't count for most missed as they haven't split up, merely moved to edinburgh. silly philip.

Well I miss them the most, so it has to count, surely?

Care to elaborate on that? I can't think of anything that makes Moshulu a particularly good venue for seeing bands.

i think it's good because of the quality of the sound, the sound engineers have always been fantastic in my experience, and the times i've played there myself, the sound is always crystal on stage. but ach, the lemon tree is just as good