aberdeen-music

Flight of the Conchords

kirsten

Watched this the other day- wasn't really impressed by the songs,but I wasn't expecting them to match the first season since those tunes had been around for ages before it was filmed. I reckon the following episodes will be better now that everything's back to normal. Still really funny though, especially the stolen cushion and female rights bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this the other night, liken the way Murray almost made it sucessful, but then grasped away....poor murray I quite feel for him and the Conchords, I want them to do something and achieve something in the series...

The songs were ok, but they won't be as good until you get to know them & the series a bit better I reckon (most of the first series songs grew on me the more I knew the lyrics). I liked the last song about the angels amusing

Watched this the other night, liken the way Murray almost made it sucessful, but then grasped away....poor murray I quite feel for him and the Conchords, I want them to do something and achieve something in the series...

The songs were ok, but they won't be as good until you get to know them & the series a bit better I reckon (most of the first series songs grew on me the more I knew the lyrics). I liked the last song about the angels amusing

I think the versions of the songs they do in their stand up show are better than the TV show. Plus the banter between songs is genius.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I've been caught giggling away to myself walking down the street as various Conchords songs come on my MP3 player, good stuff :)

Can i ask where would one get such songs (from season one) for my mp3 playa...

Only watched the first 6 episodes of the first season but i gotta say for a tv show i knew nothing about and purchased on a whimm im bloody enjoying it thus far.

Can i ask where would one get such songs (from season one) for my mp3 playa...

Only watched the first 6 episodes of the first season but i gotta say for a tv show i knew nothing about and purchased on a whimm im bloody enjoying it thus far.

They have a CD out with quite a lot of the stuff from the first season on it. I'm sure if you search amazon for Flight Of The Conchords in the CD bit you'll find it.

I've seen the first 2 episodes in the second season and while it's still good i really don't think there's much longeavity in it.

Where can one watch season 2? Or is it restricted to people who have Sky? :(

I'm fairly certain I'm not able to post a link to where I watched it, but you can find them on certain video streaming sites. The 2nd episode was far more enjoyable in my opinion to the 1st- I just want to watch it again and again.

Oh, and you're 100% right about the radio show- I keep telling people who love the TV show to check it out but they never bother.

• Upvote 1

P.S. Everyone should get the Radio series, as it is so much better than the television one (even though I still like the television one).

I keep meaning to get that, will do tho heard a few people say that.

Am I the only one who finds them incredibly shite and unfunny?

Yip! ha ha I did meet someone at the weekend who says they don't like them (first person to have said) but then he'd never watched them, just got p'd off with someone liken them so much, hates them now (doesn't know what he's missing!!)

certain humour I suppose!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Episode 5 is incredible- could quite possibly end up being my favourite of the TV series. Here's one of the songs:

YouTube - Flight of the Conchords - Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor (Lyrics)

I was in Snafu on Saturday night and there was exactly this situation. My friend who happened to be sipping on Baccardi, incidentally had never seen flight of the conchords, eventually gave up on the dance floor proclaiming there to be too many dicks.

Not enough ladies too many mans.

I was in Snafu on Saturday night and there was exactly this situation. My friend who happened to be sipping on Baccardi, incidentally had never seen flight of the conchords, eventually gave up on the dance floor proclaiming there to be too many dicks.

Not enough ladies too many mans.

yip, think all the dicks have scared away the women, not enough decent guys FAR too many Dicks!!

loving the fact I watch the second series after my 24 fix, only to find last weeks episode had Chloe from 24 in it...nice bit of theme going on!

yip, think all the dicks have scared away the women, not enough decent guys FAR too many Dicks!!

loving the fact I watch the second series after my 24 fix, only to find last weeks episode had Chloe from 24 in it...nice bit of theme going on!

They should have been making some lady space, they were dorking up my vibe ha ha.

I'm only up to episode 5 I think it is, the prostitute one. My friend over there is a bit of a part time prostitute ha ha. I love flight of the conchords.