aberdeen-music

Drum & Bass / Jungle / Breakbeat bands / artists / projects in aberdeen

mouse3000

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i think tez or finnie or both do dnb production, they certainly DJ it. giles walker may have played some in the past i dont think he does any more. i've just got one ronnie size/dj krust 12" that i got for 10p in 1up a few years ago so can't help you.

Guest Giles Walker

Drum and Bass and Jungle are pretty much the same thing unless you are talking about a when it was made. Breakbeat is such a broad term that it means effectively nothing.

But....

I think Stripey did some 'breakbeat-ish' production, unfortunately he was banned for speaking his brain and dLUDEd makes Drum and bass-y breakbeat stuff and has a band to perform it, but his last post on here was trolled pretty hard and i don't think he has since posted.

I used to love Jungle back in the day, but never really got into the whole clinical production of newer drum and bass. The only breakbeat stuff i like is the garage tempo Bingo Beats stuff and Baltimore club.

Welcome aboard though.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I used to love Jungle back in the day, but never really got into the whole clinical production of newer drum and bass.

I'm completely the same.

I actually remembered that I did dabble with some beat production before, all just typical amen stuff, with a lot of reggae samples. i might dig about and see if i can upload em somewhere.

typical amen stuff, with a lot of reggae samples. i might dig about and see if i can upload em somewhere.

YESYES DO IT!

make sure you send me a link i'll be intrigued to hear what it sounds like.

my music is much the same, though i try to give my sound a more "break-core"-ish feel by adding gabber kicks and stuff

-mouse3000

By the way mr loaf, we should get a gig on the go sometime methinks :up:

YESYES DO IT!

make sure you send me a link i'll be intrigued to hear what it sounds like.

my music is much the same, though i try to give my sound a more "break-core"-ish feel by adding gabber kicks and stuff

-mouse3000

By the way mr loaf, we should get a gig on the go sometime methinks :up:

Do you have stuff that we can listen too? I'm not a connesiure but I'm interested in hearing other people's production. Stick up a link.

I would make d'n'b but I find I have no skill in making music. Not that that stops a lot of people!

I'd recommend The Upbeats, but they're from New Zealand which is quite a long way from Aberdeen. In particular, tracks like 'Girl Gone' and 'Thinking Cap' which are really very different from the typical club stuff.

Maybe I can work this Reason thing out in the new year...

I would make d'n'b but I find I have no skill in making music. Not that that stops a lot of people!

I'd recommend The Upbeats, but they're from New Zealand which is quite a long way from Aberdeen. In particular, tracks like 'Girl Gone' and 'Thinking Cap' which are really very different from the typical club stuff.

Maybe I can work this Reason thing out in the new year...

You could try using samples to get yourself started. I've just started using drum samples for my hip hop stuff and it's a lot of fun... heaps you can do to manipulate them. The same is true for any samples. Just a thought.

You could try using samples to get yourself started. I've just started using drum samples for my hip hop stuff and it's a lot of fun... heaps you can do to manipulate them. The same is true for any samples. Just a thought.

that's good advise, cheers. I think I tend to get a bit stuck on the quality of the sound production rather than the actual programming so it might help me on my way if I just score myself a dutty beat pack from somewhere...

Do you have stuff that we can listen too? I'm not a connesiure but I'm interested in hearing other people's production. Stick up a link.

I'm not exactly a connesiure either nor have I mastered the art of production but...myspace page here:

MySpace.com - annoying ringtone - Aberdeen, Scotland - Punk / Techno / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/annoyingringtone

There is a good aberdeen d'n'b artist I know of who goes by the name of "daojia principle" but I've not seen him live or met him in person...

myspace here:

MySpace.com - Daojia-Principle - Aberdeen, UK - Electronica / Drum & Bass / Jungle - www.myspace.com/daojiaprinicple

I'm not exactly a connesiure either nor have I mastered the art of production but...myspace page here:

MySpace.com - annoying ringtone - Aberdeen, Scotland - Punk / Techno / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/annoyingringtone

There is a good aberdeen d'n'b artist I know of who goes by the name of "daojia principle" but I've not seen him live or met him in person...

myspace here:

MySpace.com - Daojia-Principle - Aberdeen, UK - Electronica / Drum & Bass / Jungle - www.myspace.com/daojiaprinicple

Hey man, I only had the time to catch the first couple of your tunes but they made me smile. It reminded me of being 16 in the legendary Bish (formally Bubbles nightclub) in Elgin absolutely drenched in sweat after a night of beer-raving.:up:

myspace here:

Oh yeah, I know you!

hey mouse, i make these genres, 14 tracks going up on myspace tomorrow.

getting a little hybrid band formulating, with some interests in a genre like this maybe at the tunnels.

more like, idm, drum n bass, drill, hiphop, ragga, jungle.

Nice one. Hit me up on here or on myspace when you've made a page. :up:

Yeah tis I! Get in touch if you fancy doing some live stuff at some point. Getting a regular thing going on at the Tunnels.

Aha! I thought so.

We're ready to play live as of tomorrow (providing my audio interface arrives on time) and would like to as soon as possible!

>:-)